free internet/cyber cafe software ???

game14

[H]ard|Gawd
I need some suggestions for free internet/cyber cafe software for a cafe of 9 computers and one main rig.
Its gonna be prepaid, that means after a certain time i need the software to automatically shut off any activity but without deleting anything so if customer decides to pay for more time he can continue his work.
I want the customer to know on screen how much time he got left.
System files should be protected, so the customer has no access to them.
Monitoring from the main computer in case there are problems, so i can shut any malicious activity down.
One printer that is shared from all computers but only printing on my agreement, means after payment.
Easy to use and setup.
Windows 7 compatible.
I guess thats all, or do i miss something ?

ty for your help.

in case you didn’t find any free solution...

about 3 years ago my friend used to work at a network games shop, they used this
I used to help him their (so I can play for free :)) and this software can do everything you mentioned and much more.

it adds a side bar to show how much time left (can be hidden), and a popup window alert when there is 5 minutes left and a sound alert every minute after that.
Task manager, control panel and other things where locked.
if you double click on any client it'll display a desktop screenshot of what’s going on, not sure how much control you have on the client machines but we used to close their counter strike process for jokes. and at the end of the day you can turn off all the computers from this sogtware.
don't know about the printer thing.
it's very easy to install and use. I used to install the client part on computers after formatting them. double click, install, enter an admin password (same one for all clients) and its ready to work without configuring anything.

there was another software my friend liked more but he couldn’t get it “as a gift” like he did with this one (wink wink). called him for its name now but he don’t remember. that had more advanced options he needed but this one is more user friendly

nope, still havent found any free software yet that works with windows 7 without problems...
Cybera server part works fine but the client part causes constant freezes and error messages...fully functional with xp only.
Handy cafe doesnt find the clients under windows 7, xp only.
Everything else i tried said it was supposed to be free but in the end it was not....

still looking :(

Back