Free [H]ardware for Our Peeps

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Those of you in Plano, TX or the surrounding area may want to visit the American Mini Storage today, as our esteemed editor-in-chief will be giving away a lot of hardware for free: some of the items include motherboards, low-end GPUs, and power supplies. Practically all of it is review hardware that is still functional but in "used" condition.

The giveaway will begin at 10:10 AM at the following address: 3900 McDermott Road, Plano, TX 75025-4420. Here is a Google Map link. Parking is available in the parking lots adjacent to the mini-storage and the adjacent buildings, as well as the Wyatt Elementary School next door. Good luck!

beware-of-the-zombies-on-black-friday-2.jpg

Lol dang wish I would of known of this yesterday I would make the 2hr drive lol but yes meeho pic is just about right :nailbiting:

Very cool giveaway! I'm just too lazy to drive 3 hours...

hahaha...you know what they say...if you put up a sign that says "free hamburgers"...it ain't just the hungry that show up!

forum giveaways for usa peeps though it looks like kyle doesn't want to have to move that stuff

For anyone wondering how to get in, If you were a subscriber, you would have seen this thread early in the GenMay section and it gives instructions on how to get in ;)

For anyone wondering how to get in, If you were a subscriber, you would have seen this thread early in the GenMay section and it gives instructions on how to get in ;)

Went through 4 pages, where? Looks likes it's done anyways. Another 60 miles back home.

Hey thanks for the whopping 15 minutes heads up, LOL! Couldn't have posted this yesterday? I would have been there with bells on.

"The giveaway will begin at 10:10 AM"

"Posted by Megalith 9:55 AM (CDT)"

I even live in Plano, but I'm sure it's all gone by now.

WTF Is a GenMay?

Were there any AM3+ boards in there? No, I guess don't tell me since I can't get one anyway
I could probably make it, but I wish I knew if there were any left. 40mins away, but it would be worth the drive.

My feedback for this is that this should have included a link or at least mentioned the thread that had all the planning and rolling updates in it.

This thread made it seem like it was a spur of the moment event which it clearly was not.

The other thread had very valuable information in it that would have made it clear that it was over before I even started on my journey out there.

I greatly appreciate you guys doing this though for the forum community.......but.......those toll roads man!!! :cry::dead:

We were done in less than two hours. People that subscribe to the forums had all the heads up.

How does one get access to General Mayhem? I'd like to be on it but it says "Denied."

Can somebody confirm if Kyle is still sporting the red stripe and, if so, how glorious it looks in person? Thanks.

no shit eh!? suck being up here in Canada some times.
cant get freebies, cant win prizes, cant get on the payroll...
but I still loves the [H]!

If they have better healthcare then why do those with money come to the States
I don't know if id call it better either but wait times can be a bitch. so ppl with money go pay to get shit done quicker and sometimes that could be from a better doc. like the Toronto doc is a good and can get to you in 4-6 months but the doc across the border in NY is world renowned and can get you in on Tuesday.

Man I gotta quit looking at this thread. All those X99 boards that aren't mine... :cry:

Do we get avatars if we buy these upgrades?

...Asking for a friend.
Do you see ANY avatars on this forum? No one wants to see your shit over and over again. That said, yes, you do have an avatar we just don't put it on every post.

Back