Free gigabyte IRAM with 4 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeFex

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2011
I have this thing and am not using it anymore. the only thing is the battery, although it works is a bit swollen up and i dont think it should be put in the mail.

I would like the person who is getting it to have a reason to get it, not just because they want to accumulate something they wont even use. so tell me why you want it!

Last time i "paid it forward" with a tonearm the guy sent me some nice tube output transformers :D

Just pay postage, I am in canada, it will cost about $14-17 expedited mail to USA you can paypal me $20 and ill refund you the change.

btw the battery looks like a sort of standard largish 3.7 volt 1700mAh cell phone type thing but i think you could use it as a temp drive even without the battery, but you might need some batch file or something to "format" the thing when you reboot.

Last edited:
will it function without the battery? I'd use it as the primary boot device for my ESX4 server to update my VCP from vi3 to vi4. i'd just have to exclude creation of a VMFS3 volume on the installation target (which I do normally anyways to avoid issues with local drive snapshots and LUN re-signaturing).

update: yes, without the battery the volume would be lost at power down. any chance you'd consider shipping with the battery?

Last edited:
Wow, someone is going to get very lucky. :) I'd ask for it just for fun, but I can't justify any real use for it since I'm already on an X25-M and getting a second.

I believe it would work without the battery as a temp drive but data will be lost when powered down.

i had it for a couple of years and it never lost any data.

please post your reason here so i can chose someone without going back and forth between PMs, maybe ill have to roll a dice or something :)
im going to the beer store, ill decide when i get back!

esx boot lun would actually be really helpful for swap for the host, and would free up a disk for me, so that I could use all of my existing disks for proper RAID level VMFS3 stores

It goes to Sabregen.
was first to reply anyways and he has a reason he needs it.
please check your pm

awesomesauce. i am psyched to get this. i have an immediate use for it, as I need to update my VCP cert before the end of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back