I just received a free 5200 fx card with 256mb on it, and was going to use it to upgrade my wife from a gf4 440mx. Unfortunatly the card would not work for Sims 2. With either the latest forceware drivers or an earlier WHQL driver a couple back I found on Guru of 3d. I swapped her card back into the system, and all was fine. But here is the wierd thing I am looking for help with, this card fails the DX7 test in dxdiag on her via kt266 and my sis ECS system that is my cheap home theatre box. It runs through the dx8 and dx9 tests fine. The dx7 only shows a black screen nothing else.
The previous owner of the card did engage in some overclocking, but the card worked fine for him in UT24004 and Everquest 2. He did just upgrade to gf 6600 iirc, as Everquest 2 was requiring a lot of resources. Any ideas, just a bad card?
The previous owner of the card did engage in some overclocking, but the card worked fine for him in UT24004 and Everquest 2. He did just upgrade to gf 6600 iirc, as Everquest 2 was requiring a lot of resources. Any ideas, just a bad card?