Free External Drive Enclosure Deals (MIR)

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
xPCGear.com has the Eagle Consus M-Series 3.5" IDE to USB 2.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure (ET-CSMU2BK), featuring an aluminum chassis and Fanless Screwless design, for a low Free after rebate ($25). Exp 9/3. $6-$11 Shipping. Tax in CA.
Item #: USEUEGETCSMU2BK

xPCGear.com has the Eagle 2.5" IDE to USB 2.0 External Notebook Hard Drive Enclosure (EB-240-00065), featuring a mesh aluminum chassis, for a low Free after rebate ($14). Exp 8/31. Free Shipping. Tax in CA.
Item #: USEUEGEB24000065

newegg has the EAGLE Consus N-Series ET-CSNSU2-BK 3.5" USB2.0 to SATA External Enclosure Free AR, $5.84 shipping.

I saw the one at NE earlier. The MIR is a small one so I think that is pretty hot. I still hate evil MIR's. grrrr :mad:

i have the 2.5 enclosure serial to usb which i put the ps3 60 gb into when i got a 160 for my ps3. works great so far

Regarding the 2.5" mesh enclosure: It looks like you must use 2 USB ports, one for power and one for Data. The enclosure only has a miniusb connection and it comes with a usb-to-power adaptor. Most of these things come with a single cable that does both. Better pictures here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817193033

i dont use the power usb cable they include. i just use an extra "mini usb connection" cable i have from my digital camera and it works fine..since mine didnt come with a usb cable =(

I might have to pick up the 3.5 unit just to have as a spare.

i dont use the power usb cable they include. i just use an extra "mini usb connection" cable i have from my digital camera and it works fine..since mine didnt come with a usb cable =(

The extra power cable is only needed when you use a hd with a greater then 500ma requirement. And even then, some arn't fussy.

I have the one from NE up and running with a 200GB Maxtor SATA drive. Looks cool, a little scary putting the drive in, as you force it onto a PCB and it's only held there by friction - but installs should be few and far between.

No complaints until it breaks. :)

-bZj

Back