Free EeePC When you open a Canadian bank account..

Nope. For a change, it seems now some people outside the US get in on a relatively cool deal. Usually most offers like this are "Open to residents of the US only" or some such thing. This time, we in the US are left out in the cold... go figure.

I call for the immediate liberation of Canada.

they have oil and free computers.

Well, guess it's time I moved to Canadia.

For a $400 cheapo-laptop? :p

Actually, I've been thinking about moving there myself. Haven't liked being in America since I left Europe... and I'm American. :(

It's a $300 notebook. TD Bank used to have an offer similar to this, except you'd get an iPod.

There are 5 steps you have to fullfill to qualify, it's listed on the PDF form on the right side of the link. And for Americans wanting to live in Canada, be prepared to pay.... higher prices for everything. How does 13% sales tax sound to you if you want to live in Ontario?

There are 5 steps you have to fullfill to qualify, it's listed on the PDF form on the right side of the link. And for Americans wanting to live in Canada, be prepared to pay.... higher prices for everything. How does 13% sales tax sound to you if you want to live in Ontario?
Hmm.. I pay 9.25% here. Not too much difference. Now paying for gas by the liter would really screw me up. Not to mention the whole metric system after growing up with the SAE system.

Still, I didn't see anywhere that specifically states you can't be a US citizen and open an account there. The thing about needing to setup direct deposit is where I'd be screwed. Where I work does not even offer direct deposit. :(

... :cool:

Well, I guess I should make a trip accross the border and snatch one of these badboys up :) I used to have an RBC bank account years ago.

Not to mention the whole metric system after growing up with the SAE system.

Don't worry, you'd only be transitioning to better things. :)

And yes, I'm American. I just love the metric system a lot more for so many practical reasons.

Would have but Use CustomSwitch® to transfer your account balance from another Canadian financial institution. ehhh....

Back