Free-DC

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
9,053
Many of us use www.free-dc.org for stats. This past month bok (the owner) has had server issues. There had been discussion in the BitcoinUtopia forums about trying to get a support campaign set up to help fund upgrades or server total replacement. (He is running on 5+ year old equipment)

The direct donate link is: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=donate

I am going to try and see what he actually needs in case there are generous donors here with extras laying around. :D
 
Looks like Free-DC is down today. Could be an extended outage.

Wednesday April 15th. Database Server is down again. Just noticed when I woke up. Will see what is going on. Have to put this up to stop the webserver making thousands of calls to it and overloading.

*EDIT* no power at all to mobo, looks like the PSU has given up. I'll see if I can find another.
 
I forgot to update about this here:

Update,

I did in the end get the Dell R900 and 2xR2900's.

They are VERY loud and am a little worried about power draw on them. Also unsure of the speed of the memory, will not know till I test it all out. I got a basic linux installed on the R900 (CentOS 7). What it needs now is 4x160Gb SSD's and (as an aside) a new Gigbit router/switch to connect it up.

I may be getting yet another machine from a different source too, still waiting to hear on that.

Bok
http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinutopia/forum_thread.php?id=792#8736
 
Back
Top