FREE Copy of Lindows!!!!!! HOT HOT HOT! lol

I check out all of these threads to see if they are legit as a matter of routine. This one checks out, I received the email receipt but what is the procedure for downloading...I tried the above link and get unknown file name...what am I missing here?

I think it's a bittorrent download. Google for it. Bittorrent is a distributed file distribution protocol.

While you download, it uses your upstream to serve the file to others. After you're done downloading, leave the download window up. This will keep serving the file to others, even after your downlaod is done. Your downstream is throttled to your upstream bandwidth, so the faster you serve, the faster you leech.

This is a BitTorrent only download. You must have Bit Torrent to download. Sorry, I should have noted that. can grab it here:

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html

It took about a hour before it rally started going, but I have a 10k+ steady downstream, jumps to 20 for awhile sometimes. Look at around 24 hours to download.

the link lindows gives you is a bittorrent link, you are going to need a bittorrent client (ABC, BT++, Shareazaa, etc) to download this file.

I was downloading at 2.28Mbps and now its around 100k. I doubt a day to download (took me about 2 hours so far)

so look at a few hours depending on leechers (people who cut and run after they get the file)

not that great of a program so im told. i have a free copy sitting there with them. registered when i saw it a long time ago, but never downloaded it. maybe i should try it out.

It's not bad if you're a total Linux n00b I guess. The "Click-n-Run" always bothered me though, knowing that you can just "apt-get" anything you want for free.

I'll download it just for kicks. Maybe go sell it to someone for the $50 bucks... ;)

Thanks, i hate bittorrent, but for a free copy of Lindows, i'll put up with it;) Thanks again guys

I'm finishing my download now. The Bittorrent download was going to take more than 60 hours so I cancelled it. Then I chose the FTP alternative from the download window. Took about an hour at ~140k/sec. Check it out.

-Mike

You know, Debian/Libranet/Knoppix, Slackware, Gentoo, Mandrake & Redhat/Fedora are always free downloads...

Back