Free Chicken Select @ McD

salo

Limp Gawd
saw the ad on yahoo

here is a screen shot...

Photo0.jpg

Isn't that something you can get anyday though?
"Hey, I can't quite figure out what I want here, I've heard you have those new Chicken
Selects though. Could I just have a sample of a chicken select to see if I want to order some?" I can't imagine some McDonalds employee/manager saying no to just asking for a sample (which is what that advertisement is for).

I work at Mcdonalds, and you will be getting the small reject selects that the company would other wise throw out. I'm a manager by the way, so yes, I do know that. EDIT: You should also recive a "buy one 3, 5, or 10 peice select get a medium fry and drink free" coupon when you go in the store.

if they wanted people to want them, whyh would they give the rejects,, ugh,, hey wanna give us some free stuff mister manager lol

1 selects and one sauce! CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!!!!
I bet this a way for them to introduce a type of diet since people are suing them for getting fat when they eat McD food. :D

iv had them, their o.k. but nothing exciting. Your better off paying the same price at a local pizza shop for more chicken with less bredding.

Ill definitally go to the drive through for my 1 reject checken though.

Hey guys, I'm 2nd Assistant (2 down from General Store Manger), and also in charge of Food Safety/OSHA compliancy. I'm not sure what store the other manager works for, but our franchise store is giving away the *real* deal. We will be giving away a normal chicken select chicken strip, fresh from the fryer. We throw rejects away unless the crew wants something to snack on. Generally the 'rejects' are undersized and possibly overcooked versions of the normal strip. Want proof? Just go ask your local McD's. About 85% of the people that try Chicken Selects like them over Arby's strips, and another 55~60% like them over Wendy's...but it's all about preference. Personally, I still like Wendy's the best, but hey, to each his own :) Make the decision for yourself, don't let somebody dictate it for you :)

1 selects and one sauce! CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!!!!
I bet this a way for them to introduce a type of diet since people are suing them for getting fat when they eat McD food.

This was an assnine comment for 2 reasons:
1) McDonald's already has some salads for people who are more conscious about what they eat (McD salads are great, especially when compared to buffet salads which suck, but Burger King has some really good salads too).
2) 3 judges have laughed people out of court for citiing that they are fat because they ate McDonald's food. This is like saying that guns kill people. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. For those of you that disagree, take a lesson in personal accoutability and go read "QBQ: The Question Behind the Question" by John G. Miller.

Get an education, get a clue, get a frickin' brain of your own, then come back to me: YHBTYHLHAND. :cool:

I too have to say that whoever does marketing for McD's has his/her head up his/her ass. This deal is designed to get NEW PEOPLE to TRY their product. Who in their right mind is going to go out of their way to get 1 stinkin' free chicken strip?!? Give me a break. If it were a free 3 piece strip, I could see the logic, but a SINGLE FRIGGIN' STRIP?!? And to think, these geniuses actually paid good dollars to ADVERTISE this stupid deal?!?

Sure, those who are already in a McD's will take advantage of the free chicken strip, but didn't they want to attract NEW CUSTOMERS? ...and most of those who are already in a McD's have already tried the cardboard tasting overly breaded wondermeat-strips...

FrizzleFried said:
I too have to say that whoever does marketing for McD's has his/her head up his/her ass. This deal is designed to get NEW PEOPLE to TRY their product. Who in their right mind is going to go out of their way to get 1 stinkin' free chicken strip?!? Give me a break. If it were a free 3 piece strip, I could see the logic, but a SINGLE FRIGGIN' STRIP?!? And to think, these geniuses actually paid good dollars to ADVERTISE this stupid deal?!?

Sure, those who are already in a McD's will take advantage of the free chicken strip, but didn't they want to attract NEW CUSTOMERS? ...and most of those who are already in a McD's have already tried the cardboard tasting overly breaded wondermeat-strips...

free food is free food, i'm am so going to McD's friday..... and i don't think many ppl will notice the fine print (besides, just order it, go sit down, eat it, go back up, order, eat, rinse and repeat - or store hop, hehe)

most of the salads are nasty anyway. Iceburg, ICK! cept most americans dont know and/or care

so ill let you have your salad, and give me my chicken strip

mattman816 said:
Its kinda funny. The ad says in-store only. Where else do you order it from?

macdonalds in NYC delivers :D

and i'm all over this deal... free is free

Sorry...I guess I underestimated the number of people who would actually make a special trip ANYWHERE for a single friggin' chicken strip (with sauce!)....

So whats the difference between these and the normal chicken?

The amount of bleach they use to make the chicken white?

unreal said:
if they wanted people to want them, whyh would they give the rejects,, ugh,, hey wanna give us some free stuff mister manager lol
Because the Company has strict rules on how big a select must be before we can sell it. We actually have a poster in the back that we have to hold a select up to if its questionable. Its not that they are undercooked, blah blah blah, just not the right size.

I went there today to check this out. They had a person with a platter full of selects and sauce in little ketchup containers. It tasted pretty good.

Back