Free burner SW that allwos to create bootbale ISO?

metropole

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a free SW that allows to burn bootable ISO disc. Would ActiveISO work?

Most anything out there would work, including Nero (they have an ad-supported free version iirc). ImgBurn, BurnAware, SimpleBurner, PowerISO, UltraISO, there's just too many to name off that are capable. The thing about creating a bootable optical disc is that the disc needs a bootable sector to start off. If you have an ISO that doesn't have such a thing already as part of it then you're going to have to find some way to track such a thing down and then add it with an ISO editing tool like UltraISO or PowerISO or whatever tool you wish. Note that the primary purpose for any of those tools with "ISO" in their name is editing ISOs but they typically also allow for burning them with the same application directly.

But the ISO itself needs to be bootable aka have that bootable sector or image file as part of the ISO structure before you attempt to burn the ISO to an optical disc or else it's just not going to boot.

I downloaded the "windows Server 2012 essentials" trial ISO from the Microsoft site. I would have thought this ISO is bootable.
However, I am not sure.

Back