Free Best Buy Private Store/Auction Invite

Joe270

Limp Gawd
Best Buy has a private store/auction for employees --> http://bestbuy.dtdeals.com/auction/index.cfm You can only get a invite if you work at BB or if a BB employee sends you a invite. I have 2 up for grabs. I would really like a private bittorrent invite if possible. Oh and btw I already have Demonoid access :D

My Requirements:
Must be a Hard Forum member for at least a year.

funny, I just gave out like 150 invites here on the forum last night and today.

I would really like an invite if possible. All I have to give are Demonoid invites, but it seems you already have that. Main reason I would like an invite is that my campus Solar car team needs to build a powerful computer to run several CAD software as well as run some CFD simulations when we are away from campus.

If possible, could you tell us what kinds of items are on there?

you know, I signed up for it when nbovk951 gave me an invite.... and they charged my credit card $1.01 (temporary authorization).

I went to comment on this in the thread that nbovk951 made, and it's gone. I took my credit card information out of my profile on the dealtime site, because I was scared there is some kind of fraud going on.

If the temporary authorization is just to confirm your credit card is real, and it goes away- fine. But, if they charge me any money, I'll just dispute it I suppose.

Anyone know anything about this?

you know, I signed up for it when nbovk951 gave me an invite.... and they charged my credit card $1.01 (temporary authorization).

I went to comment on this in the thread that nbovk951 made, and it's gone. I took my credit card information out of my profile on the dealtime site, because I was scared there is some kind of fraud going on.

If the temporary authorization is just to confirm your credit card is real, and it goes away- fine. But, if they charge me any money, I'll just dispute it I suppose.

Anyone know anything about this?

Do you read anything they tell you before you blindly type your credit card number in? One line above your credit card information input field it says:

"Upon submission of this form, your credit card will be charged, and then immediately refunded in the amount of $1.01, in order to confirm that the credit card is valid and credit is available. The charge and refund will appear on your statement as *DEALTREE CA (949)305-6600"

Do you read anything they tell you before you blindly type your credit card number in? One line above your credit card information input field it says:

"Upon submission of this form, your credit card will be charged, and then immediately refunded in the amount of $1.01, in order to confirm that the credit card is valid and credit is available. The charge and refund will appear on your statement as *DEALTREE CA (949)305-6600"

I thought I had read that... but it was early in the morning.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions :)

(my suspicions were magnified by the fact that the original thread was gone - so I was assuming a moderator deleted it. perhaps they deleted it because he was out of invites. either way - the little bit of doubt I had was fuel for the paranoia fire! lol)

oh, and my suspicions were also magnified by the many fraud reports I've come across dealing with dealtree. Hell, I had never heard of them before. I assume they're okay though...

funny, I just gave out like 150 invites here on the forum last night and today.

I gave away 5 for free at a different forum. well anyways I gave away the 2 invites I had. I may get more in a couple days. So checkout this thread soon.

They have some decent deals. I got a Linksys WRT54G-TM for 30$ shipped, they are listed as new/factory sealed so I will let you guys know how it goes. There is a long thread on the DD-WRT forums about this and they recently released a way to flash DD-WRT on it without JTAG, the router has 32Mb of memory and seems to be really nice, better than recent Linksys 54G revisions at least.

I wouldn't buy anything not listed as new though or at least expect something in shitty quality if you do.

First of all: **buy at your own risk!!**

I posted this in the other thread last night and Ill post it again.

you don't need invites!

-go to the "register now" bubble on the main page of bestbuy.dtdeals.com
-go to option 2 and fill in your true valid email, but put "123" for employee number and "411" for store number or any other random number. Some work some don't, those are examples that DO work
-check your email for a confirmation email
-fill out info and bam, you have an account to buy cheap stuff. However, most are returns and I had a bad experience buying a PS3 off there (died a couple months after receiving it, dtdeals could do nothing and sony wouldn't let me send it in for repairs). Ended up costing me about $280, so that 280 bones got me a returned hunk of crap. Partly my fault for buying it but selling returned items is just shady...

you don't need invites!

-go to option 2 and fill in your true valid email, but put "123" for employee number and "411" for store number or any other random number. Some work some don't, those are examples that DO work
-fill out info and bam, you have an account to buy cheap stuff. However, most are returns and I had a bad experience buying a PS3 off there (died a couple months after receiving it, dtdeals could do nothing and sony wouldn't let me send it in for repairs). Ended up costing me about $280, so that 280 bones got me a returned hunk of crap. Partly my fault for buying it but selling returned items is just shady...

Users from Slicks Deals have tried this... Your account will get zapped eventually.

When you guys entered your card number did it tell you "Your credit card ending in #### is already stored in our system."

???

My account is still going no problem with xenium's method.

It's sad because you can really tell that there are many SD users on there now. The bids have gotten to ebay levels for some things :(

My account is still going no problem with xenium's method.

It's sad because you can really tell that there are many SD users on there now. The bids have gotten to ebay levels for some things :(

Same here, I still was able to log in last night. And yep, prices on stuff has gone way up in the past 10-12 months. You can find better deals in better condition if you keep your eyes open :rolleyes:

When you guys entered your card number did it tell you "Your credit card ending in #### is already stored in our system."

???

sounds like you gat yo card info jacked :eek:

dealtree is garbage, if you've purchased anything recently and are waiting for shipment file a transaction dispute and get your money back.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dealtree_Inc

I dont know if im reading this right. But your saying they're bad because they got about 7 negative reviews a month for the past 6months? My experience is people tend to go out of their way to complain when they have a minor inconvienence with the company but if they get 150% satisfaction they aren't willing to go out of there way and just leave it at that. 7 a month isn't that bad considering how many people they are probably dealing with a day.

To the op. Thank you. I should be recieving my first purchase by the end of the week :D Can't wait to see all the crap that's going to be on it after xmas.

I dont know if im reading this right. But your saying they're bad because they got about 7 negative reviews a month for the past 6months? My experience is people tend to go out of their way to complain when they have a minor inconvienence with the company but if they get 150% satisfaction they aren't willing to go out of there way and just leave it at that. 7 a month isn't that bad considering how many people they are probably dealing with a day.

To the op. Thank you. I should be recieving my first purchase by the end of the week :D Can't wait to see all the crap that's going to be on it after xmas.

A simple google search will tell you what they're doing. http://www.google.com/search?q=deal...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

The items auctioned on that site are Best Buy liquidation and rejected returns, which means they are complete garbage. If you just ordered something, it could very likely be not what you ordered ( same brand but cheaper model ); missing parts like a remote if you bought a hdtv; or just malfunction in a few days / weeks.

Basically its a buy at your own risk. Some people get burned by bad returns / trade-ins, others get a good deal.

A simple google search will tell you what they're doing. http://www.google.com/search?q=deal...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

The items auctioned on that site are Best Buy liquidation and rejected returns, which means they are complete garbage. If you just ordered something, it could very likely be not what you ordered ( same brand but cheaper model ); missing parts like a remote if you bought a hdtv; or just malfunction in a few days / weeks.

Basically its a buy at your own risk. Some people get burned by bad returns / trade-ins, others get a good deal.

A: Best Buy Private Auction Warranty
All sales are FINAL. No cancelled sales will be accepted.*
Defective or Not-as-advertised items may be EXCHANGED if you report the problem to us within 7 days of receipt of the item.
If no replacement is available we will process a return and refund.

It tells you in the description what all it comes with.

If you just ordered something, it could very likely be not what you ordered ( same brand but cheaper model )
That sure sounds like false advertising to me and the last time I checked it was against the law.

A: Best Buy Private Auction Warranty
All sales are FINAL. No cancelled sales will be accepted.*
Defective or Not-as-advertised items may be EXCHANGED if you report the problem to us within 7 days of receipt of the item.
If no replacement is available we will process a return and refund.

It tells you in the description what all it comes with.

That sure sounds like false advertising to me and the last time I checked it was against the law.

I hope this is the case, but words are just words -- I'm very interested on how your purchase went through, I took the risk and ordered something myself before I posted on this thread. Did you get a email confirming that they've shipped / or a tracking number?

I hope this is the case, but words are just words -- I'm very interested on how your purchase went through, I took the risk and ordered something myself before I posted on this thread. Did you get a email confirming that they've shipped / or a tracking number?

Yes I got a tracking number in an email yesterday.

Hello again MyNameHere,We wanted to let you know that Best Buy Auction Invoice ###### was shipped on 17-Nov-08 via UPS to the following address: myname 123 myaddress UPS tracking number is: #z######1#z#33. The items shipped on this order were:

I ordered a $300 car amplifier for $85 shipped. It said on the description some scratches\sign of use but there are none it looks brand new. Everything that came with it is in the original packaging unopened. Just just the box is ripped from where someone was opening it.

you don't need invites!

When I go to work tomorrow I'll whip up a email to corporate and tell them to re-structure the registrars. Thanks for telling us the loophole though, it will be fixed soon and the members removed.

I've been trying to get a "real" invite for this for such a long time, to the point where I've given up on it and completely forgotten about it until now.

Now I must suffer again -_-

you don't need invites!

this works.

Back