• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Free AV

Sirje31337

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2002
Messages
293
I've been using Avira AntiVir for quite some time now. It's a free program, but recently they started doing this demo license thing and I have to go redownload the program every now and then to keep my free license or whatever. I'm tired of doing this.

So now i'm looking for a good, free, and small footpring AV program. Any suggestions?

I've heard good about the Panda Antivirus program but how big of a footprint does it leave?
 
Panda is quite heavy, and not that strong in detection..
Avast is good at detection, a bit heavy.....
AVG is medium in weight...but not that great in detection....
CA's eTrust from Microsoft is quite lightweight, and average in detection.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/
 
I've been using anti-vir for 2 years without having to redownload it or anything. It updates once a day and minds its own buisness.
 
Vote for AVG, using it exclusively for a couple years now. Though, I browse smart, so it might not be that good.... I don't open questionable shit...
 
AOL's active virus shield is a free version of kaspersky 6.0 with a few features cut out. It is by far the best virus scanning engine available. No spyware included, but the included toolbar is adware so just don't install it.
 
I used to use AVG, now I use Avast.

There are plenty of decent free ones out there.
 
Back
Top