Free amd64/mobo combo!!!

not to stray off topic too much, but to boost "sales" of FarCry, they've resorted to giving it away now that the 100 people who wanted it bought it and everyone else said "eh, nothing new". ?

Peace,
Tim

Alot of people aren't going to buy Farcry as the thing hardly runs on even fairly powerfull systems. Really a 9800Pro is the BARE minimum for the game at decent settings. The game can only really be enjoyed by owners of the X800 series or the Geforce 6 series.

I like the fact that newegg is giving that away as a freebie. I'd buy one if I needed an AMD setup and I didn't already own Farcry.

Ive got an AMD XP 2000, 1 gb RAM and a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 and i can run far cry really well even if i wack everything on high its still playable, (unless you have stupid amounts of people shooting at you). I even think it ran equally as well with 512 RAM. I think that the game play maybe gets a little tedious though and why the hell did they put monsters in it, it was fine with just humans I thought!

Ive a feeling my machine may not cope with HL2 or Doom 3 too good tho :(

Stephen

system specs in sig = far cry running fine at 1024x768 with textures set to high

My sager laptop which is a P4 2.8 with the ATI M10 slightly overclocked runs FC well. I can run it at fairly high resolution with all settings on high except for the first one, particles I think it is on medium and get 40-50FPS

Yeah, came for free with my order at zipzoomfly, but I already have a copy, so it doesn't really matter...

FarCry runs on my GF3 with @ 1024 w/everything at max except texture quality... pissed me off because I wanted it to make me upgrade. Oh well, guess I'll keep my money.

steve4433 said:
Ive got an AMD XP 2000, 1 gb RAM and a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 and i can run far cry really well even if i wack everything on high its still playable, (unless you have stupid amounts of people shooting at you). I even think it ran equally as well with 512 RAM. I think that the game play maybe gets a little tedious though and why the hell did they put monsters in it, it was fine with just humans I thought!

Ive a feeling my machine may not cope with HL2 or Doom 3 too good tho :(

Stephen

I think what's playable is partially based on the opinion of who's saying it at the time. I've seen Farcry on a Pentium 4 [email protected] and a Ti4600 and I didn't consider it "playable" at max detail in 1024x768.

Nor did I consider it playable on my machine with a 9600Pro.

farcry ran just fine on my old PC with a 9800pro and a A64. I could run 1280x960x32 at max everything.

work at circuit city... a crap load of people are buying farcry, the game is still good at 800x600 and medium textures :D

I average about 27-33 FPS at 1024x768 with a mix of medium and low settings on the pc in my sig. That's playable, not extremely pretty but it still looks pretty good to me and I can actually enjoy the game even with the occasional hiccup.

Back