Oct 21, 2010 #1 K KMac [H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2012 Joined Dec 30, 2002 Messages 549 Stupid question... If Amazon is giving away one year of usage for new accounts, including enough free hours to run 24/7, could we set up F@H on their servers? Is this worth trying or a waste of time?
Stupid question... If Amazon is giving away one year of usage for new accounts, including enough free hours to run 24/7, could we set up F@H on their servers? Is this worth trying or a waste of time?
Oct 21, 2010 #2 W W.Feather [H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1 2FA Joined Nov 10, 2009 Messages 11,815 yes, speedy did it already i think(though he paid)
Oct 21, 2010 #3 S SpeedyVV Supreme [H]ardness Joined Sep 14, 2007 Messages 4,210 I did fold on both Linux and Windows Server. Their HighCPU Extra Large was about the folding power of a medium OC Phenom II X6, so not enough to fold a 2684. But if it is free, then yeah, of course fold on it. I found that the RackServer was cheaper so I folding on that too.
I did fold on both Linux and Windows Server. Their HighCPU Extra Large was about the folding power of a medium OC Phenom II X6, so not enough to fold a 2684. But if it is free, then yeah, of course fold on it. I found that the RackServer was cheaper so I folding on that too.
Oct 21, 2010 #4 S sirmonkey1985 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010 Joined Sep 13, 2008 Messages 22,412 hmmm maybe ill run it just to see what it does