• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Free Amazon AWS account

KMac

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2012
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
549
Stupid question... If Amazon is giving away one year of usage for new accounts, including enough free hours to run 24/7, could we set up F@H on their servers?

Is this worth trying or a waste of time?
 
I did fold on both Linux and Windows Server.

Their HighCPU Extra Large was about the folding power of a medium OC Phenom II X6, so not enough to fold a 2684.

But if it is free, then yeah, of course fold on it.

I found that the RackServer was cheaper so I folding on that too.
 
Back
Top