Free alarm clock software?

SonicTron

Snopes is My Fact Checker
I'm looking for alarm clock software so I can wake the fk up in the morning. Regular alarms dont do me right, i usually turnem off . I've tried the big stupid metal alarm clocks with the hammers, i turn them off in my sleep. Cell phone alarms with the most annoying possible ringtones, i turnem off in my sleep. Beepy radio clocks, same problem.

I need something i can set to blast and jolt me the hell outta bed. So i am going to use mp3's or something i just want a nice easy software to use.

I had a problem with that for a while. I got a $5 battery-powered alarm clock and moved it every night to a different part of the room. By the time I found it and turned it off, I was awake.

Now I have a toddler to make sure I get up.

SonicTron said:
I'm looking for alarm clock software so I can wake the fk up in the morning. Regular alarms dont do me right, i usually turnem off . I've tried the big stupid metal alarm clocks with the hammers, i turn them off in my sleep. Cell phone alarms with the most annoying possible ringtones, i turnem off in my sleep. Beepy radio clocks, same problem.

I need something i can set to blast and jolt me the hell outta bed. So i am going to use mp3's or something i just want a nice easy software to use.
Maybe you should speak to a doctor instead of an internet forum. Either that, or just learn to wake up when the alarm goes off. If all of those alarms fail to wake you up, the problem isn't with the alarm clocks.

without fail I always wake up 15 minutes before my alarm goes off... happens even if I set the alarm to different times every other day...

PopeKevinI said:
I had a problem with that for a while. I got a $5 battery-powered alarm clock and moved it every night to a different part of the room. By the time I found it and turned it off, I was awake.

Now I have a toddler to make sure I get up.

I have tried many parts of my room without succession. 10-12 feet away and I often found myself waking up late, checking the alarm clock and sure enough I had switched it off or knocked it over / onto the floor with no recollection of standing up walking over and doing so.

I found some crummy one from download.com but I was hoping for something with you know, lots of cool built in gadgets n gizmos :) It woke me today but it doesnt do anything more than play an annoying beep or an mp3.

well...

you could just set yr BIOS to wake at a certain time (mine can), then just put something like winamp in the startup of windows and have yr speakers at a set volume

Viper16 said:
without fail I always wake up 15 minutes before my alarm goes off... happens even if I set the alarm to different times every other day...

You are a sick individual and should not be allowed to associate with children, small fluffy animals, or certain fruits and vegetables. :p

j/k

I use citrus , it's a nice prog that is pretty simple. Looks like it doesn't have as many options as Jake's, though.

I have the same problems waking up, you might try a lamp set to a timer, and pointed at your face. Instead of music, try talk radio, or a long podcast mp3 or something. (maybe an mp3 of your parents telling you to wake up or something. Recent study said that a fire alarm set with a recording of the parents' voice worked better than plain old blaring)

My emergency plan is to jerry-rig some sort of sprinkler system on a timer and aim it at my head. (and hopefully not drown)

I have the exact same problem of turning off my alarm while I'm half-awake. I use a program called Atom Timer. I have my PC setup in the adjacent room and run an rca extension cord for one of the surround sound speakers into my bedroom. Turn the volume up a good bit before you go to sleep and in the morning you'll have no choice but to go into the other room to turn it off.

for citrus alarm clock do i have to leave my computer on? or will it turn the computer on and start playing? i need something that will do that

Mayhs said:
for citrus alarm clock do i have to leave my computer on? or will it turn the computer on and start playing? i need something that will do that

How can a program do anything if the computer is off........

It would have to be implemented in the bios if anything before it could turn it self on to wake you up.

Viper16 said:
It would have to be implemented in the bios if anything before it could turn it self on to wake you up.

I know there are some BIOS with the feature to turn the computer on at a certain time. I'd just leave it on overnight, myself.

That's perfect! A computer alarm clock!

Usually when my alarm goes off, i turn it off and go back to bed. Even when i put the alarm clock on the other side of the room. I need *incentives* to get me outta bed.

Now when i go to my PC to turn off my alarm clock... instead off going back to bed i can get the ball rolling... check some email, play some games, surf some por... err websites,. etc. etc, and in no time I won't even be thinking about bed!

I have the same problem as the OP, this might help!!

I use a program called "college alarm clock" It should come up under google.

Use it, and also lock and password your PC at night so you have to wake up enough to log on in order to turn the alarm off.

When I used my computer as an alarm clock I always used Banshee Screamer Alarm. Worked well for me.

Viper16 said:

I'm like this as well. Most of the time I wake up like an hour before I need to though. I then lay there angry that I am awake and try to go back to sleep(never works).

I really like the idea of hooking up a computer or something in the other room and have the speakers in your room so you have to get up and go somewhere elce to turn it off. Maybe use 2 battery powered alarm clocks and have them go off a few minutes apart and move both of them each night?

The light then is kinda cool too. One of my friends had one. Light would get brighter over like 20 or 30 minutes or something then an alarm would go off. Most of the time you woke up before the alarm and it was more natural.

Back