FREE - A Pair of VisionStar Contact Lenses -

Kakyoin said:
Signed up, but I still love my Acuvue2 Dailies :D

Still using that old junk? My lenses run stock at ~2 weeks but I overclock them to about one month before new pair. That's 200%!!! Had some oxygen deprivation though so I modded a blowhole and added some UV paint while I was in there. They are way [H]ard.

Only tough part is redoing all my mods every month. :( Where are all the enthusiast lens companies?

RawsonDR said:
Still using that old junk? My lenses run stock at ~2 weeks but I overclock them to about one month before new pair. That's 200%!!! Had some oxygen deprivation though so I modded a blowhole and added some UV paint while I was in there. They are way [H]ard.

Only tough part is redoing all my mods every month. :( Where are all the enthusiast lens companies?

Only one month, my two week contacts are overclocked to last 1 1/2 to 2 months...But those Acuvue's Advances(you should check them out on the website) prob can be overclocked an run stable for a while...

wish i had a eye prescription. :\
all this computer mess is making me go blind lol.

I like how they "conveniently" placed a white block over the wang on Leonardo's drawing on the left side of the site. :D

Bad_Boy said:
all this computer mess is making me go blind lol.
is that what you call it now... is that where the hair on your palms came from?

bad bad bad boy...

man, it does the magnification but not for stigmatism, oh well,, spair pair for frree is always nice.

just take care of your contacts and they'll last a really long time. I was using regular two week acuvues and the last pair lasted me like 6 months. I tried the visionstars, i got one of the free samples, they're ok, i like my acuvue advanced better, thicker! Thanks for the link, can never have enough contacts.

cool, I dont have glasses, but I will refer this to those who do...shouldn't it be in the 'free stuff' forums though?

Edit: 10 minutes later.....and it has been done! welcome to Free Stuff!

By submitting this request, you agree to receive via email from our partner, a coupon redeemable against the purchase of VisionStar contact lenses.

chomnom said:
just take care of your contacts and they'll last a really long time. I was using regular two week acuvues and the last pair lasted me like 6 months. I tried the visionstars, i got one of the free samples, they're ok, i like my acuvue advanced better, thicker! Thanks for the link, can never have enough contacts.

Not sure if you're joking or not. Wearing 2 week lenses for 6 months can damage your eyes. You wear them for 2 weeks, not till they start irritating your eye.

My eye doctor (intern, who is quite hot I might add) was around -8.25 in both eyes :eek:

Good thing I'm -3.50 left and -3.00 right ;)

sparkjim said:
Not sure if you're joking or not. Wearing 2 week lenses for 6 months can damage your eyes. You wear them for 2 weeks, not till they start irritating your eye.

while 6 months seems a bit extreme, I've had two eyedoctors tell me it's fine to wear the 2-week contacts for up to a month.

Well there was controversy a while back that one major lens company sold the exact same lenses as dailies and as long-terms. I'm not sure what they do now, but it doesn't seem like there's a big difference. I've worn a pair of dailies for up to three full days (taking them out at night) with no problems.

Skarekr0w said:
That's me also, do they not go up this high on the free offer?

When you two put on your glasses and look at a map.... do you see people waving back? (invoice of Tiumph the Insult Dog) I kid, I kid.

I thought my -4.75 in both eyes were bad. I think I am getting the newer laser surgery where they actually put a lense in your eye, once it becomes more common. I think thats the better way to go, because if they mess up or your body rejects it, you can take it out.

some of you seem to know a bit about contacts so i thought i'd ask. i have acuvue 2's ( 2 week wearing) as contacts and my eyes get very red - i could understand if i was wearing them for 8 hours and then getting irritated, but ive had them on for 2 hours (with no irritation BTW) and people are always asking me why they are red. i always get people asking me if i'm high ;) is this because of oxygen or something? the last time i went to the doctor he just said to try a different cleaning solution but after this batch of contacts im going to tell him hes got to do something else..

icery said:
some of you seem to know a bit about contacts so i thought i'd ask. i have acuvue 2's ( 2 week wearing) as contacts and my eyes get very red - i could understand if i was wearing them for 8 hours and then getting irritated, but ive had them on for 2 hours (with no irritation BTW) and people are always asking me why they are red. i always get people asking me if i'm high ;) is this because of oxygen or something? the last time i went to the doctor he just said to try a different cleaning solution but after this batch of contacts im going to tell him hes got to do something else..

get a pair of glasses, they won't make you high :D

i'll probably get flamed for this one....

i've got a pair of acuvue 2's in that have been in, NON-STOP (sleep included), for 2 years.

w00t.

(oh, and bump for a good thread that will help me to not kill my eyes)

I am at -6.75 Right and -7.00 left. I have been wearing the same pair of 2 week disposables now for 6 months. I take them out nightly. If they werent my last pair I would have tossed them two months ago ;)

Also, thanks for the link!!!!

Harder than my acuvue 2s. I still prefer those.

Overall these are fine, though. Crystal clear, easy, and I've had them in two weeks with no problem. Yes, I'm a pusher, usually 3 months or so.

I am also a pusher. 3 to 4 months for the Acuvue 2's. They also stay in for about 19 hours at a time, but I don't sleep in them.

I am wanting to try the new contact lenses that are supposed to let in more oxygen, but the prices are insane.

BTW I am -2.50 Left and -3.00 Right.

Weird I know, add to that the ability to wink with my right eye, but can't even close my left eye without closing my right. I think I am messed up in the wireing department.

X NetJag X said:
i'll probably get flamed for this one....

i've got a pair of acuvue 2's in that have been in, NON-STOP (sleep included), for 2 years.

w00t.

(oh, and bump for a good thread that will help me to not kill my eyes)

Just for fun, you should swap them out for new ones...

If you can! Bwa haha. I've heard horror stories of them being impossible to remove after a year...

I wear mine for 3 weeks, take em out at night, cause they bother my eyes after 10 hours or so... but I've only been wearing em for a little over a year.

X NetJag X said:
Don't you need a new prescription after a while?

Also, how do you guys sleep in contacts? Whenever I do that (usually by accident, and usually just a nap rather than a full snooze) they are very irritating when I wake up.

Also, what determines whether contacts will bother you? Genetics? I can wear my dailies for up to 36 hours straight before my eyes become dry or tired, but my girlfriend's get dry within a couple hours.

Back