Free 7800gt when you buy COD!!

I guess it's a good deal if you need a board, but don't hope to make money on the deal because in about a week you'd be lucky if you got $40 for it on E-Bay

Cabn12 said:
I guess it's a good deal if you need a board, but don't hope to make money on the deal because in about a week you'd be lucky if you got $40 for it on E-Bay
....I sold a 2 year old Intel D865 Motherboard for $50...so that board would probably sell between 100-140(especially if you advertise all the SLI stuff) :p

yea but theres gonna be a glut of these boards after a million people buy the deal a Newegg hoping to make money.
Maybe they could have sold the board for $300 with a free 7800gt/
I just think marketing departments assume most consumers are stupid
:D

Cabn12 said:
yea but theres gonna be a glut of these boards after a million people buy the deal a Newegg hoping to make money.
Maybe they could have sold the board for $300 with a free 7800gt/
I just think marketing departments assume most consumers are stupid
:D

I think you understimate marketing departments. They are more effective than you give them credit for.

I got one of these "free" boards. Its pretty good, can hit 300 HTT with my 3700 Sandy. Show me another board that costs $80 and is decent quality...

see here's the real problem
newegg has always sold the n518 card for $380, even before the free motherboard deal came back.
and its the slowest model of all the 7800gt's from evga. I just think they arent buying as many and thus, aren't able to sell the card for as cheap. because direct from evga, that card is the cheapest, and truely feels like the motherboard is free. but the card itself is around $450 or so from eVGA, slightly less but close to that mark.

yea ok. I guess its a good deal. but it's not free. It's $80 I'm being picky I know

pakotlar said:
I think you understimate marketing departments. They are more effective than you give them credit for.

QFT! They got the OP posting here giving them free advertising ;)

You guys all missed the point:

7800GT - $310
7800GT with "free" Motherboard - $380

Make sense? It would seem the "free" motherboard costs $70 in fact.

sac_tagg said:
You guys all missed the point:

7800GT - $310
7800GT with "free" Motherboard - $380

Make sense? It would seem the "free" motherboard costs $70 in fact.

go reread my post a few posts up
i already explained thats not evga's fault. thats newegg selling the n518 model of the 7800gt for more than the other models. That card cost that much before the free mobo giveaway. Look at evga's prices and tell me its evga ripping people off
its still less than what evga charges for the card, period... to add a mobo in there is a great deal no matter how you look at it.

its a marketing issue; the retailers are buying more of the other models (the overclocked 7800gt models, like the n516), which results in a cheaper price for the consumer. the non-overclocked model (the n518) isn't bought as much as has a higher pricetag for the consumer. natural economics.
evga still sells the n518 for $389 (actually looked it up this time), and its the cheapest model they offer. Direct through evga, its a great deal, and a free motherboard really comes with it.

Back