FREDRIK vs Jerker

Here's my Jerker as I have it now. the monitor arm on the left that used to hold my tower is now where my modem and router sit.

lianlipcv1200plus2800ni2.jpg

I was wondering I a person just couldnt build a Jerker themselves. I think heck if Ikea did it why cant I??? Just an idea I really like the Jerker desk but cant find one to save my life.

cara,

Like I told ya in a PM, you can find them on craiglist...Chicago has them every once in awihle..I check all the time even though I don't need one..

Here's my setup as of late:

dscf4111copyep7.jpg

I don't have the room to mount the side shelves to the desk, so to be able to focus on homework and not gaming, I mounted it to the shelf behind me which is also from Ikea (it matches the other jerker which is behind the one pictured. Works out well as a desk (it's the larger of the two side shelves).

I found 6 in my area. But I have a Fredrik and I don't need one anyway.

Just google ikea jerker check the first 3 pages

I've found a few on craigslist

There always seems to be a pile of them listed in Canada

I got lucky snagged one up on Ebay for $40.00 :D had to drive an hour to pick it up

Well, I finally replaced the giant wooden table that took over for my Frederick. I just bought an Ikea Gallant. It holds the weight of both my monitors easily. Best desk I have used.

It really depends on your needs (ie what gear you have) and the price.

The Gallant is more expensive, but can hold more. For me, I think the Gallant looks nicer too, but thats just how it works out in my room.

hmmm how far is chi-town from Michigan???? That totally sucks I cant find one here in Michigan. I actually did but they wanted like $90 dollars for it with it scuffs and stuff on it. Then it was the dark wood color which im not fond of.

hmmm how far is chi-town from Michigan???? That totally sucks I cant find one here in Michigan. I actually did but they wanted like $90 dollars for it with it scuffs and stuff on it. Then it was the dark wood color which im not fond of.
Chi-town = Chicago

All depends where in MI you are cara

sssshhhh dont tell anyone but FLINT TOWN!!! lol im on the outskirts in this hickvillie place.

I have a Dell 3007 monitor, think the Frederick will be ok for me? The nearest Ikea is in Atlanta like 150+miles away, so I can't just stop in and check it out very easily.

There is a jerker for sale in Atlanta also, but it is tan, and I wanted a black desk to match my other stuff...

I have a Dell 3007 monitor, think the Frederick will be ok for me? The nearest Ikea is in Atlanta like 150+miles away, so I can't just stop in and check it out very easily.

There is a jerker for sale in Atlanta also, but it is tan, and I wanted a black desk to match my other stuff...

To be honest, the Frederik is a pile of crap compared to the Jerker (that is my opinion, but I certainly do miss my Jerker :(:(:( )

To be honest, the Frederik is a pile of crap compared to the Jerker (that is my opinion, but I certainly do miss my Jerker :(:(:( )
I agree. Check out the Galant series. It looks great and can be configured to your exact needs, unlike the Jerker. I sold my Jerker and got a Galant setup over a year ago and never looked back.

The Galant does look nice. Looks like Atlanta Ikea has them in stock too. Bit more expensive that the frederick, but you say its much more stable?

I need to do some measuring in my new apartment see if I can fit this thing.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29807040

That is the one I am looking at. I drive a Nissan 240sx hatchback, think this thing would fit in there or would I need to get it delivered?

The Galant does look nice. Looks like Atlanta Ikea has them in stock too. Bit more expensive that the frederick, but you say its much more stable?

That is the one I am looking at. I drive a Nissan 240sx hatchback, think this thing would fit in there or would I need to get it delivered?
I got my Galant from IKEA Atlanta. The in-store price is usually better than what they post on-line. My entire setup cost about $210 including that corner desk you're looking at plus 2 extra sections and 6 legs. The rolling cart is from the Container Store. Everything fit into my Jeep Commander. I'm not familiar with your car.

Mr. Wolf,
I am planning on picking a Galant set pretty soon. From my experience at the Ikea store, the cheaper A-legs that you have felt a lot sturdier than the more expensive T-legs. How does your Galant feel with all of your stuff on it?

As far as fitting it in a 240sx, it would be extremely tight I would think. Best way to check would be to take some measurements of the desk and then check your car interior dimensions.

Mr. Wolf,
I am planning on picking a Galant set pretty soon. From my experience at the Ikea store, the cheaper A-legs that you have felt a lot sturdier than the more expensive T-legs. How does your Galant feel with all of your stuff on it?
Everything feels solid as a rock. I definitely preferred the A-legs.

Does anyone know if the FREDRIK Drawer will fit my flat Jerker? I'm sure I could make it work. Any input will be appreciated!

Does anyone know if the FREDRIK Drawer will fit my flat Jerker? I'm sure I could make it work. Any input will be appreciated!

I bought the frederik drawer with my flat fredrik, and the holes for mounting it did not line up, but drilling correct holes took only a couple minutes. I may have put the thing together wrong somehow, but It works and looks fine, lol. Not sure if that helped any, but just my experience with the drawer.

I have a Frederik and its pretty solid, you guys kinda weak tightening those screws or something? lol

heres mine:

E5DD2236_filtered.jpg

I am still looking for the Ikea Jerker, There is 1 for sale in my state and the guy is taking forever to respond.

i have one and i love it. I really do i just would like to know if the fredrik shelves fit on it because i really need the extra shelf. and does anyone know if they sell/made attachments that would go on top of the existing poles thanks. Good luck on finding your jerker carajean

I almost nabbed one on the Raleigh/Durham craigslist. One guy got it in front of me.

I bought an Ikea Galant about 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it. I will say, however, that the Jerker and Fredrik are nice when you have limited space because you have the freedom to use their multiple tiers.

I'll probably get a couple shelves to put things on and clear up my Galant workspace, such as my printer. Has anyone else done this?

Ikea in Baltimore had the big Fred (with the 2 top shelves) for $99 2 weeks ago. White only. Managed to grab one while I was there. Had to adjust it a bit to get a 20" iMac under there, but there's room for my 20" LCD as well. :)

I may have to break down and get a fredrick :( makes me kinda sad. I was gonna try and build a replica but I cant find any store around here with a solid slab of oak.

I've got a Jerker I've had for about two years or so and its' solid as hell. Love it. I just wish they had made the longer one in the past with the shelving options. If they had I would have purchased that one.

I wont be giving up my Jerker for a loooooonnnnnnnggggg time! the best Ikea Desk ever made!

Here's a New Ikea Desk from the Fredrik Serires, Sorry I took the pic quick & kept moving thinking I got the name of Desk:mad:
904ed612-798c-47ec-b822-88e9238d2fab_zps22442ec7.jpg

3_zps236fcd44.jpg

2_zps1c0d9789.jpg

1_zps806f67e8.jpg

904ed612-798c-47ec-b822-88e9238d2fab_zps22442ec7.jpg

photo1-3_zps4aba4124.jpg

Its a FREDDE I went back took more Pix of desk for ya to see :D, Its not a bad desk compare to other expensive ones, this one seems a bit on the compact for me I have a 46' LED :D thats a major problem for me! I stay with my Jerker!

I ended up going modular with my Ikea desk. Got the unfinished wood top (60" x 30"), 2 metal screw in legs for one side, and a computer holder for the other side. Links below:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60136557/ - table top

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70217973/ - Legs (x2)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40162496/ - I took out the middle shelf and it's perfect for a mid tower. I have my Lian Li A05 in there with room to spare.

Not bad for $110, and sturdy as all hell. I might eventually replace the legs with another shelving unit, they have one with about 7 drawers that would be perfect. Will also give me an excuse to stain the table, and carve out a spot to embed a wireless Qi charger for my phone underneath, so I can just rest my phone on the desk to charge.

Back