Frank's 2013 upgrade.......

That Psu is sweet. I've got the storm trigger with the mx blacks and love it.

Congrats on the win and don't ever make the switch to console gaming.

LOL you got to love those Black's, though I am quite happy with my blue's, I am sure they are going to work just fine for a few million clicks :D

Thanks man, don't worry, console gaming isn't in this immediate future that I see.

Congratulations! It's great to see Frank in the spotlight. I know you're a proud Papa.

To a job well done!

Cheers!

Very much a proud papa on this build. Frank made me proud at Quakecon - he did good and brought home some more goodies for daddy to play with :eek:

I am putting a little more into Frank this weekend, this is just the start of some of the things finding their way - I wanted to build a plate that showed my thanks to the companies that assisted me along the way in this build. Primochill, LEPA, and Lutro0 were the first ones to come to my aid in this massive project and I really appreciate them and the incredible products. The rest of the companies are incredible as well and most of you all know there is not a company I listed that doesn't make or sell some amazing stuff and with or without their willingness to help me in the ways they did, I would have used these items in this build regardless, so it was a perfect match as I see it and wanted to take this moment to simply tell them all thanks and suggest you all consider them in your next builds.

03dh.png

otsy.png

Congratulations on the win! Love the plexi plate with all the sponsors. Looks awesome now that Frank is put back together.

I finally was able to get the final shots done for Frank N SteinPC 2013. Thanks for following this thread. I sincerely appreciated your input and discussion.

Name: Frank N SteinPC

COMPONENTS:
Chassis: Mountain Mods Extended U2-UFO (Modified) & Water Barrel 24
MB: Asus ROG RE4
CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6Ghz daily/OC @ 5.3Ghz - all 6 cores/12 Threads
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Z 1866Mhz 8x4GB (32GB)/OC 2133Mhz Solid
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 4GB x3 - 3-Way SLI
S/C: Asus Phoebus Xonar 7.1
SSD1: 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB RAID 0 - Boot
SSD2: 2x Patriot Pyro SE 120GB - Programs
HDD1: Toshiba 2TB 7,200RPM 6GB SATA
DVD/BR: Asus 12x Blu Ray DVD/R/RW
PSU: LEPA G1600 1,600W PSU/1,700W PEAK - MOST SOLID/STABLE PSU EVER!

COOLING
Coolant: Primochill Performance Blood Red
Coolant Tinting: Primochill Dye pack (Used Blood Red, UV red, and Black)
Tubing: Primochill Advanced LRT Clear 3/4"OD x 1/2" ID
Fittings: Bitspower Black Sparkle finish - tons of fittings
Quick Disconnects: Bitspower Black Sparkle
RAM Blocks: Bitspower Universal RAM Cooling Blocks - modded
CPU Blocks: Watercool Heatkiller CPU v3 - modded
GPU Blocks: Watercool Hole Edition Heatkiller w/Custom Backplates - then modified
MIPS Block: EK RE4 Water Blocks Modified
Pumps: Aquacomputer VPP655 x4
Pump Dual Mod Tops: Bitspower
Pump Controller: Koolance Dual 24v Pump Controller (Front panel)
Reservoir 1: 2x Bitspower 250mm Z-tube Clear
Reservoir 2: Primochill 400mm CTR Clear w/Advanced top
Fan Controller 1: Bitfenix Recon 10w per ch/5 ch
Fan Controller 2: Bitfenix Recon 10w per ch/5 ch
Fan Controller 3: NZXT 5ch @ 30w per ch
Fans Front (Push): 9x 120x25mm SilenX Effizio EFX-12-15 15dBa 74CFM
Fans Front (Pull): 9x 120x38mm SilenX iXtrema IXP-76-18 18dBa 90CFM
Fans Rear (Push): 9x 120x25mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Red LED 18.9dBa 56.2CFM
Fans Rear (Pull): 9x 120x25mm Enermax Magma UCMA12 18dBa 69.5CFM
Fans Top: 5x 120x25mm Xigmatech Crystal Series LED Red CLF-F1252 19dBa 61.3CFM
Radiator 1: Swiftech Performance 360
Radiator 2: HW Labs Black Ice Xtreme 360
Radiator 3: Alphacool UT60 360
Radiator 4: Watercool MORA-3 1080 (9x120)
Flow Indicator (Analog): 2x Bitspower Flow Indicator
Flow Meter: Koolance FM17N + Koolance Flow Meter Readout (Front panel)
Temp Displays: XSPC v2 Temp Readout Red (In/Out Temps - Front panel)

CUSTOM CABLES
Sleeving used was Lutro0 Customs Coreless Paracord (Imperial Red, charcoal, black).

PERPHERALS
24" Monitor: 3x Asus VW246 1920x1080 @ 60hz
27" Monitor: 1x Asus VG278HE 1920x1080 @ 144Hz
3D Control: Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit
KB: Logitech G19
Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Edition
GP: Razer Nostromos
HP1: Razer Tiamat 7.1
HP2: Razer BlackShark Expert 2.0
Tactile: Buttkicker Gamer 2
Speakers: Klipsch HD500 5.1 Surround
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V567

tm9.png

Please consider the following resources when looking to do your next upgrade or build.
Primochill: http://www.primochill.com/
Lutro0 Customs: http://lutro0-customs.com/
LEPA/Enermax: http://www.lepatek.com/eng/
Bitspower: http://www.bitspower.com.tw/
Mod/Smart: http://www.frozencpu.com/brands/brand/b154/ModSmart.html
Bitfenix: http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/
PerformancePCs: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php

5r9o.png

gu8k.png

4vcf.png

1c6f.png

xu8b.png

gztx.png

yfz4.png

h3yf.png

33e4.png

e46d.png

7lae.png

4q15.png

zfqd.png

pcmt.png

7nrd.png

l7d3.png

ua5c.png

l3ub.png

4aec.png

6yw.png

224o.png

wcqe.png

dopi.png

h204.png

b4n4.png

vjk6.png

prud.png

gexp.png

pfd.png

rvry.png

zq6.png

r0b8.png

tu1h.png

95e7.png

wwuz.png

gv96.png

7ciz.png

nqlk.png

kwtb.png

rxpz.png

ny49.png

4yb7.png

3int.png

8xza.png

jbu6.png

ul3i.png

juqr.png

6is.png

73ka.png

qxm4.png

x7pw.png

6axg.png

e2f2.png

ijt1.png

03bh.png

jrp.png

rm3f.png

jtpw.png

sgkj.png

1qjm.png

c5x1.png

q4nb.png

htw7.png

zvk0.png

x0xa.png

af9l.png

py9h.png

srgl.png

dzdc.png

tjyc.png

14r8.png

03dh.png

My god man. I've been following this since day 1, but god, that is simply breathtakingly great.

I think it goes without saying you hold the envy of every gamer and computer enthusiast out there.

Any photos of it in its natural habitat?

Kudos to you.

My god man. I've been following this since day 1, but god, that is simply breathtakingly great.

I think it goes without saying you hold the envy of every gamer and computer enthusiast out there.

Any photos of it in its natural habitat?

Kudos to you.

Much thanks - glad you like the latest pics of Frank and his final look for now.:D

Forgive the crappy iPhone pics and FB compression - but this gives you an idea of the natural environment for Frank. Need to do my cable management and clean up for the good pics, but while we wait - this is the idea of where Frank will reside and what he powers.

1150161_506151652806219_457763130_n.jpg

1186800_506151602806224_1028076078_n.jpg

1150222_506151622806222_341461417_n.jpg

Stunning, simply stunning.

...so...you're getting two more monitors to go on the bottom next, right?

Stunning, simply stunning.

...so...you're getting two more monitors to go on the bottom next, right?

Yeah my goal is to do 4 more 27" 144Hz in portrait, then move my 24" monitors to other things like my wet bench for testing, home server duty, etc. :D

Yeah my goal is to do 4 more 27" 144Hz in portrait, then move my 24" monitors to other things like my wet bench for testing, home server duty, etc. :D

I don't know...I think it would be better to have all 7 screens in one array...:D

When you are starting on the bride of frank? I remember seeing all that nice purple sleeving.

omg its soo big and sexy!
Thats what my wife said - lol

:D

i just saved like all those pics :D
Awesome (y) thanks for liking the build

I will be happy to PM you my address for my share of the loot!:p

Congrats man, you deserve it!
lol, Mr Psychic should be your new user name :p Thanks for the prediction, too bad the loot has been allocated already :-( But thanks for following the build :D

I don't know...I think it would be better to have all 7 screens in one array...:D

When you are starting on the bride of frank? I remember seeing all that nice purple sleeving.

3x 24" next to 5x 27" would be a bit off balance, but would be cool to do 7-27" screens :D

Mrs Stein build will commence shortly. The case arrives tomorrow, most of the parts are here in hand, the sleeving changed in this build and I will be using Bitfenix Extensions as the case is a Bitfenix Ronin I won at PerformancePCs and Bitfenix is sponsoring the fans, the controller, and the Alchemy extensions for the build, so what I do plan on doing is taking the extensions which are shrinkless and adding purple Mod/Smart heat shrink to it to give that purple touch. I will then sew the extensions and install them on the incredible Enermax Platimax 1350 Modular PSU I will be using.

The only thing I am short at this time is a pump and a 240mm radiator. Once I acquire those, I should be ready to roll on the Mrs Stein build. She really wants it to be stealthy, as black as possible, but I am one that needs to do the bling thing as you may have figured out, so I refuse to do an all blacked out stealth build, I want some color to it. "Mrs Stein" said she didnt want to be locked into a color scheme if she wants different colors in her office - as I told her, I build it this way, if you want it to change, guess what? I can upgrade it to match any color scheme you want, its what I do :D . So she will be getting a pretty Purple and Black build.

I will be using a special CPU block as well for her build. This will be my first AMD build in forever as well. Putting in an AMD A10 in her rig because she basically does Quickbooks, Excel, surfs the web and watches some video on there, so she is not a super user or gamer that needs a ton of video processing power and I have heard many good things about the A10 5800k processors.

This is the processor being used:
AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D AD580KWOHJBOX

I will be putting it on this motherboard:
ASRock Socket FM2/AMD A55 FCH/DDR3/A&V&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard FM2A55M-DGS

I have not ever used an ASRock board but I hear great things about them and figured I would give it a shot. I have some plans to really make this spiffy.

Mary Shelley would be honored ;)

Epic as always. Probably the most engaging build log on the forums too.

Mary Shelley would be honored ;)

Epic as always. Probably the most engaging build log on the forums too.

lol, she would have nightmares :eek::D

Thanks man, always enjoy posting here and the fine folks that makes it fun and engaging. Its one thing to build a beast like this, but its entirely something else to share and discuss it along the way and for that I appreciate your input and participation as much as everyone else that made this build that much more fun.

Here are some pics I took during the last push to get all the Bitfenix fans and Recon controllers in that I had not posted, so figured I would hsare them here. Hope you like.

70tr.png

uw3m.png

fy8m.png

ltln.png

nyol.png

d6u.png

8v6b.png

7j5y.png

mgvm.png

34y4.png

4m0.png

z2vj.png

3hnr.png

4kqx.png

j4l7.png

ignv.png

Dude!

I just about made ooey-blooey all over my monitor...

Sexy!

Hell of a job there man. Hell of a job.

Richard,

Got my Extended Ascension CYO and water barrel from Ben at Mountain Mods on Friday. Let 'The Beast' build begin! I have you to thank for my current direction. I only hope my build turns out as fantastic as yours. Truly a work of art and love. Kudos to all your wins and accolades. You are deserving of all and more.

Steven Noland

Dude!

I just about made ooey-blooey all over my monitor...

Sexy!

Hell of a job there man. Hell of a job.
LMAO - umm need a tissue? :eek:

wow...
that is really something.
:cool: TY

Not enough fans.
:p We agree, 41 was just not enough

Impressive build. I bet it runs like a dream. :D
Nah it runs like a beast :rolleyes: lol, its certainly ready for BF4

Got my Extended Ascension CYO and water barrel from Ben at Mountain Mods on Friday. Let 'The Beast' build begin! I have you to thank for my current direction. I only hope my build turns out as fantastic as yours. Truly a work of art and love. Kudos to all your wins and accolades. You are deserving of all and more.

Steven Noland
Awesome - link me when you start the build log - I will certainly make an effort to follow, would love to see what you do with it.:D

I hope this is a typical day for you and this machine: Slink out of bed in morning, turn on a very normal coffee drip, sigh deeply and stretch out your back and moan shortly with a small yawn to indicate a healthy rest. "Ahhhhhh... now that I have all of this power, let's play some Pac-Man DX and Lego Starwars." Congrats, craziest thing I've ever seen, now you need to make a chair to match the computer, think about it, fan cooled back and posterior.

Ok, this ones been done for several months now which in a modders mindset is an eternity. When will we see tentative plans for the 2014 upgrade?

Ok, this ones been done for several months now which in a modders mindset is an eternity. When will we see tentative plans for the 2014 upgrade?

lol, you do know I am already envisioning the next build - lol, a modders PC is never done or is never done modding........ :D

man thats bad ass. i have close to your 2nd system, just not water cooled. same cpu,ram and board. bat man, you make my system look like a toy with that set up. kudos to the build man, never stop.

Back