Frame rate Smoothing False/True

Doctorx29

n00b
Hello, i wanna ask... i play TERA fate of arun and i turn the Frame rate smoothing from true to false, so i can have fps boost.. and i have :) i play now 40-60fps standart, some times goes to 90fps. soo this can damage my compoments in my destop?

Intel core i3 2100 3.1ghz sandy bridge

nvidia Geforce GTX 750 palit stormX 2gb (single fan)

Ashrock Z77 Extreme4

4gb RAM

PSU Keep out 700w MU 95+

Last edited:
you serious

no, it won't damage your components unless you have basically 0 active cooling going on anywhere (no fans intaking/exhausting air) and all your stuff overheats with the increased load.

thanks for the reply :)
i have 1 intake(120) and 1 intake on the side(140) and 1 exhaust(120 back) and the psu also like exhaust as usual and on the cpu i have the coolmaster hypertx3 evo

i just asking because some people said to do that you must have a strong rig. im not completely noob to these things but i had to ask

(im still upgrading my rig)

Last edited:
The "Frame Rate Smoothing" in Tera basically just limits your framerate to 60, the idea being that the framerate will be more consistent. If your monitor is a standard 60hz one and you reliably get over 60fps you shouldn't notice any difference if it's on or not. It's really for systems that are having problems with the frame rate.

Yes its a standard 60hz samsung 22 ' but i notice a decent difference :) it plays alot smoother and i did change it because my frames in tera it was low

Last edited:
Back