fragmented files

Claydus

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 17, 2003
Messages
86
Ok ran defrag the other day and a couple files showed up as having well over 50 fragmented and 100 fragments in the files. Most of them are within games folders of mine. Counterstrike has been running really slow and I noticed .cgf file for steam had alot of fragments. So how do i get rid of them. Just by simply deleting them or do I unistalled the games and then run defrag again? Or do I need to reinstall windows?
 
what defrag are you using.. Try O&O Defrag pro v6. It gets my fragmentation levels below 1%.

It also runs boot-time defrag for the page and system files.

Windows defrag is mediocre at best.
 
Run Contig (freeware) on the files in question, and consider a better defrag application (I run O&O as well, other will recommend Diskkeeper)

this is of course predicated on there being some freespace available to do the degragging with
on the volume\partition
 
Thanks guys. O&O Defrag works wonders!!!! Crap on windows defragmenter. I might just actually buy the whole software after my 30 trial runs out.
 
Back
Top