Fractal Design Node 804 and a Mini-DTX board, will it work?

VirtualMirage

Limp Gawd
As the subject states, I am looking for confirmation if a mini-DTX motherboard will work without issue in the Fractal Design Node 804 case.

Here is what I know. I have have the case and I know it "officially" supports mITX and mATX motherboards. I know that a DTX and mini-DTX motherboard are no bigger than mATX and use the same stand-offs (mini-DTX being the same width as mITX but an extra slot longer while DTX is the same width as mATX but same length as mini-DTX). As such, it "should" work. But even after reaching out to Fractal Design, I still have not received an answer if it will work or if there is a specific reason why they don't list it as being compatible.

While I guess I could just order the motherboard and try it myself, the board isn't cheap and the return process would be a pain if it didn't work out. Plus, I am not 100% certain yet if the mini-DTX motherboard will be my go to option since I am still researching. For those that are curious, the specific motherboard in question is the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact.

My plan is to build either a Ryzen 9 3950x or a 3rd Gen Zen equivalent and water cool using 2 Corsair Hydro X XR7 240mm (54mm thick) radiators installed in the top and some Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 high speed 120mm Fans. I haven't figured out the reservoir, pump, and CPU block details yet. I do want the possibility of tying in a GPU into the loop at some point.

Fractal Design finally responded back to my inquiry and they did confirm that the Mini DTX will fit without issues inside the Node 804 case. Just what I figured, but at least I now have the official word that it will work.

Back