Fractal Design Node 804 - AIO Radiators and HDDs

Cook_1

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been Googling all afternoon for this answer and I couldn't get an definitive answer so I went ahead and ordered it to get the answers first hand. I'm posting here to either get confirmation or ideas on how to get it work if needed.

I have a Corsair H115i Pro, according to it's specs and the case specs it should fit in the upper right chamber. At the same time I'm looking to expand my PC's storage - I currently have a 6 TB External Drive that I plan to switch to two internal 3.5" internal drives. The HDD cages for this case attach to the same area where the radiator will be going, leaving these hard drives to go...? That's the question.

Has anyone attached 2+ 3.5" HDDs along with a 280 mm radiator? If so, how and where? If I don't get any responses I'll respond to my own thread once I get my hands on the case answer them in case anyone in the same situation is looking for answers.

Last edited:
I saw that but also on their product specification page they state "if the HDD drive bays are taken out or placed elsewhere" so from this I'm assuming they can be placed elsewhere? I just can't get confirmation of that - the HDD drive bays can be placed elsewhere that is.

How has the case build come along?

I ordered this case just recently and it arrived earlier in the week. I am planning on ordering parts here and there to replace my existing system (in signature). My plan is to prep it accept the new AMD Zen 3 CPUs (whatever the successor to the Ryzen 9 3950X will be) and to put the new Nvidia RTX 30xx GPU in with it (either a 3080/Super or 3080TI).

Room for hard drives isn't going to be too much of an issue with me since I will be using 2.5" SSDs and M.2s for the build. My bigger concern is fitment of either an AIO liquid cooler for the CPU or going a custom loop build (which I have not done yet). I know the top right chamber accepts 280mm radiators, but I am trying to find out what 280mm AIO options will fit and have long enough tubing to easily route over to the other side without being a tight fit. Did you run into any fitment or reach issues with your H115i Pro? The H115i RGB Pro XT is one of the AIO that I am considering. I like what the Alphacool Eisbaer 280 version has to offer as well with its ability to expand an additional radiator or GPU cooler to it, but I am a little concerned that some reviews show less than ideal cooling potential for the default out of the box configuration. I don't know if it is just poor fan choice which can be easily remedied or if it is inherent in the design.

Back