Fractal Design Node 202 Build

Bahn Yuki

n00b
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B79CltIOhzE

Here's a build of my latest rig. I sold my 4K machine because honestly SLI was cumbersome and pretty a waste of money for me. Since Street Fighter 5 runs pretty well on a single 980TI in 4K(post processing has to be set to medium). I went with a much more efficient and truly portable build for local meetups. Anyway this is a brief overview of how it looks and operates

So far it's been pretty great. I haven't checked thermals, but I have done stress tests and passed easily. I do hear the fans rev up when I was running Furmark. The loudest fan is the Nvidia one by far. The Venturi fans are excellent, and the thermalright has me up 4.9Ghz at stock voltages. I dialed it back to 4.6Ghz to be on the safe side. Overall I'm very happy with the results.

Just keep in mind I'm using the SFX-L PSU due to its "flat" cables. Also since I'm using the M.2 drive only, I didn't install the hard drive cage which opened up air flow quite a bit. That extra opening for the air to push through could be making a major difference

So far it's been pretty great. I haven't checked thermals, but I have done stress tests and passed easily. I do hear the fans rev up when I was running Furmark. The loudest fan is the Nvidia one by far. The Venturi fans are excellent, and the thermalright has me up 4.9Ghz at stock voltages. I dialed it back to 4.6Ghz to be on the safe side. Overall I'm very happy with the results.

Just keep in mind I'm using the SFX-L PSU due to its "flat" cables. Also since I'm using the M.2 drive only, I didn't install the hard drive cage which opened up air flow quite a bit. That extra opening for the air to push through could be making a major difference

thanks for the comments - any chance of posting a few internal pics?

Looks like you do need both fans installed to keep temps cool, a couple guys on overclock forum have reported similar findings with their GPU.

Some pics of the interior would be appreciated, especially how much space is opened up from GPU chamber to motherboard chamber without the SSD bracket installed.

Back