• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fractal case, which one do you recommend?

NIZMOZ

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
2,380
What case would you get any why?

Fractal Define XL R2

or

Fractal Define R4 w/window

I am unsure if my H100i would fit on the top in a push pull on the R4 when I set it up that way?

Here is a link to my build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1gmJI
 
Or pay a little more and get the Sivlerstone FT02? As I want quiet, and dust filters on any case I get.
 
Push/pull is not going to fit in R4. The XL R2 will be tight and may require at least one set of fans to be thinner than the 25 mm thick fans that come with the H100i. I'm going to try the h100i push/pull in the XL R2 with an Asus Z87 Deluxe MB. Hopefully I'll have the time to do it tomorrow evening.
 
Push/pull is not going to fit in R4. The XL R2 will be tight and may require at least one set of fans to be thinner than the 25 mm thick fans that come with the H100i. I'm going to try the h100i push/pull in the XL R2 with an Asus Z87 Deluxe MB. Hopefully I'll have the time to do it tomorrow evening.

How'd it go? I'm considering the xl r2
 
I have the XL R2 with the H110 and while a bit tight with a Rampage IV Extreme motherboard, it does fit reasonably well with the stock fans in a pull configuration. Push/pull configuration, on the other hand, doesn't look like it's going to be very easy.

Here are some pictures of my build, in case you're interested to see how much room there is.

IMAG0009.jpg
IMAG0010.jpg
IMAG0013.jpg
 
Last edited:
I will say that the R4 was too tight a fit on top for a h100i with my Maximus VI Hero. The 8-pin power plug was in the way, so I mounted it on the front instead.
 
I ordered the XL R2 instead, but I switched and got the Noctua CPU cooler instead of water cooling as it performs a little better than the water cooling solutions that are sealed.
 
I would say if your going to use a h100i, I would go with a xl but if your going with air cooling go with a define R4.
 
Back
Top