• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fractal Arc Midi Impressions

TheToE!

[H] Brewmaster
Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
9,603
Just thought I would post my opinion of this case after moving all my hardware to it. I love the look, but this case is just cheaply made. Build quality is just not there for a $100.00 + MSRP case. The side panels are a pain in the ass to get off and on. The top felt really cheap as did the front. I did like the rubber grommets and the psu grommet however. Again, great looking case and I applaud Fractal for the clean and classy design. For $50.00 which is what I paid, I could recommend this case. At MSRP I'd have felt cheated. I heard so much praise given, some of which I will agree with (cooling, looks). I guess I was just expecting more? Anyone else have a similar experience with this case.
 
I think the case is decent for someone wanting a simple watercooling case, I agree though that the price is high for what you get, I tried the Define Mini and while I felt it was decently constructed it was just too cramped and compromised for the price.

What would you have considered getting for $100 instead of this case had you had to pay the full price?

Also, post some build pics!
 
I think the case is decent for someone wanting a simple watercooling case, I agree though that the price is high for what you get, I tried the Define Mini and while I felt it was decently constructed it was just too cramped and compromised for the price.

What would you have considered getting for $100 instead of this case had you had to pay the full price?

Also, post some build pics!

Yeah I'll post some pics up. I would prolly spring a little extra for this in the 100ish price range. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112389

CA-573-LL_61713_350.jpg
 
I love the look, but this case is just cheaply made. Build quality is just not there for a $100.00 + MSRP case. The side panels are a pain in the ass to get off and on. The top felt really cheap as did the front.

From my experience, this. At first, I could not pull off the side panels. It did not help that I was watching Linus pull it apart with the greatest of ease.

I also cannot recommend this at regular price. Thankfully, I bought it when it was like $60. For that price, I think it is a good value.
 
I also cannot recommend this at regular price. Thankfully, I bought it when it was like $60. For that price, I think it is a good value.

Yeah, I'll agree with this. A good project case for $50.00 I suppose. That said, I'm on the hunt for something else.
 
Received mine as well from the $50 deal on the EGG. Came with two broken fans :( Glad I didn't pay more for this!!
 
I wasn't overly impressed with the midi either. I JUST finished a build for a family member with it. It came with chipped paint in the rear panel. It seemed pretty solid but at the same time nothing matched up 100%. The rubber grommets on the inside moved all over the place, very poor fitment. I did like the air movement and sound of the fans though. The mesh in the front and top seems nice. For $65 I won't rage but I do wish it had better QC.
 
I think this is supposed to compete with the 200R. I think the 200R might be a better build quality, but corsair is a bigger company than fractal. They make $300 cases so their economy model is going to be a bit better than the economy model of a place that makes $100 cases.
 
As a person who spends $300 on average for a case, the Midi is pretty good for $50.
I guess the buyers who shop around the $75-100 range often are expecting too much.
 
Back
Top