FPS Selection

G_K

n00b
Hi Guys,

I've not had much time to do gaming for awhile and there are a bunch of titles that I have missed in FPS gaming and while I've read through some of the current threads on titles I am debating what's worth picking up for current MP play.

Rarely do I do the single player on these games as I like finding a good community and diving in that way. In the past my single favorite of the FPS Genre was Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield as it had the options for being a more tactical game than just a twitch one. I also enjoyed the Day of Defeat Mod for the HL engine. Enemy Territory and it's commercial followup Enemy Territory: Quake Wars I spent a lot of time with too. I did TF and TF2 for awhile but they just were a bit too cartoonish for me despite being fun they didn't really hold my interest.

The problem of course will all of the above is they are old enough that there is little to no community still really playing them all that much and I'd prefer to go for something that has a strong community.

In truth I would love a Ravenshield 2 sequel, but that's not going to happen as the Las Vegas followups just got too console like for my tastes. So do I grab the current Call of Duty and go or perhaps the BC2, or BC2: Vietnam? Or is there something better I either don't know about? I saw a trailer for a game called Breach on Steam and it looked interesting but right now I want to go with something that is going to be worth playing MP for a lot of hours.

Suggestions are definitely very welcome folks.

BC2 if you are looking for teammwork oriented play
COD if you just want to run around and pwn people lonewolf style

Youd probably like BC2 more if you are wanting a more tactical play style

Back