• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FPS in CS:S?

Timbowens

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
1,083
What are you guys getting in CS:S as far as FPS?

At 1600X1200, everything on low, sometimes I drop down to around 120 during firefights. Also, the longer I play the more..stutter ( I guess is what it is) I get. When I do the stress test I get 282.

It's the rig in my sig, and I've used the 158 and the newer drivers none of which make a difference.

Could it be a heat issue? I don't have the card OC'ed (besides stock) and according to Riva, it idles at about 70c. I don't know what it goes up to when I play. I've got the side off of my case so I know it's getting air flow.

I've done a reformat and I've used driver cleaner when i change the drivers and I'm using Vista 64.
 
Go to the release notes in the beta release 163.44 for nvidia.

In the known problems section there is something on 8800 series cards and CS:S being really jumpy. They have a fix for it......I cant remember what to do.
 
What are you guys getting in CS:S as far as FPS?

At 1600X1200, everything on low, sometimes I drop down to around 120 during firefights. Also, the longer I play the more..stutter ( I guess is what it is) I get. When I do the stress test I get 282.

It's the rig in my sig, and I've used the 158 and the newer drivers none of which make a difference.

Could it be a heat issue? I don't have the card OC'ed (besides stock) and according to Riva, it idles at about 70c. I don't know what it goes up to when I play. I've got the side off of my case so I know it's getting air flow.

I've done a reformat and I've used driver cleaner when i change the drivers and I'm using Vista 64.

Last time I checked I was averaging in the 100's

I'm running an 8800GTX @ 2560X1600 8XAA and 16AF

I don't ever notice any lag or stutter.
 
Go to the release notes in the beta release 163.44 for nvidia.

In the known problems section there is something on 8800 series cards and CS:S being really jumpy. They have a fix for it......I cant remember what to do.

I'll check it out, thanks!
 
Back
Top