• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FPD2185W owners: How's Text Quality?

Thade

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
121
Gateway FPD2185W

Yo. I read the monster thread and for the most part, everyone who has this monitor seems happy with it. At least a couple commented on poor text quality. I have a Sansung 930B and I'm very happy with the text: shart and clear. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new widescreen but blurry text is a deal breaker. Owners, please share your observations


J
 
The monitor comes with a VGA cable only. If you use the supplied cable (which includes ferrites) you should be OK. For the best clarity, you should go with DVI. Per your signature, your video card already has a DVI cable. I have heard that if you go thru Gateway directly, you can get a unit shipped to you with an add-on DVI cable for $599. You will need to call Gateway directly for this deal as the web does not offer this. Sales people can usually cut you a deal. Good luck!
 
Back
Top