Foxconn To Tap Cheap Labor In Indonesia

HardOCP News

[H] News
Holy moly! Imagine how cheap labor in Indonesia must be for Foxconn to invest $10 billion in building factories there.

Foxconn Technology Group's investment of up to $10 billion in Indonesia will allow the main supplier of Apple Inc to tap one of the cheapest labor forces in Asia and a duty-free zone of some 600 million consumers.

Well Indonesia definitely have no shortage of people. There's bound to be millions who would love to work anywhere. Give them something to do than train jihadists all the time.

This is what happens when you increase pay and work conditions for China. They will simply move to an area that is shittier and exploit it. Companies did it all the time in the US, and usually left behind cities in ruin. Just ask Detroit.

welcome to the global economy... anytime someone starts asking for more money, they'll just pack up and leave for somewhere cheaper... there is no shortage of people across the world willing to work for pennies a day and make a good living doing it.

welcome to the global economy... anytime someone starts asking for more money, they'll just pack up and leave for somewhere cheaper... there is no shortage of people across the world willing to work for pennies a day and make a good living doing it.

Race to the bottom, full speed ahead!

It'll be Apple's fault. Just wait...

Hey, you're late to the party. It already is Apple's fault for all the factory inspections and the insisting that people get higher wages or better working conditions to make consumer electronics.

It'll be Apple's fault. Just wait...

it possibly is, but no they won't ever admit it nor will foxconn... but I see 2 possibilities..

The china issue has cast a bad light on Apple's "humanitarian" eco-friendly image, so why not help them build new factories somewhere else dedicated to nothing but the iStuff for now.

or the other possibility, with foxconn profits down big time, they can't offer massive discounts to Apple to stay with them, so they are building the new plant inorder to maintain the cheap discounts and keep the contract.

But an entire new plant dedicated just to apple stuff for start, you know apple has a hand in it somewhere.

Technology Inception

To outsource we must outsource the outsourcing we've been outsourcing.
Cheap labor within cheap labor within cheap labor.

We're going in.

Technology Inception

We're going in.

yo+dawg+31.jpg

it possibly is, but no they won't ever admit it nor will foxconn... but I see 2 possibilities..

The china issue has cast a bad light on Apple's "humanitarian" eco-friendly image, so why not help them build new factories somewhere else dedicated to nothing but the iStuff for now.

or the other possibility, with foxconn profits down big time, they can't offer massive discounts to Apple to stay with them, so they are building the new plant inorder to maintain the cheap discounts and keep the contract.

But an entire new plant dedicated just to apple stuff for start, you know apple has a hand in it somewhere.

Steve Jobs... he fucked your mother didn't he... only that can explain the delusional butthurt that some have for that company.

Foxconn does business with just about every major electronic manufacturer.

It will be interesting to see if they keep all their factories in China. If not, wonder how the loss in jobs will affect the view of those constantly spouting that Foxconn needs to increase benefits/pay/etc. for their employess. At that time, I'm sure all those poor Chinese workers will be happy to return to their non-industrial jobs (or lack thereof) that they had before....

Technology Inception

We're going in.
Funny though that no one will touch the continent of Africa with a ten foot pole though. You'd think they'd have tons of cheap labor there, but I don't recall ever seeing anything made there with the exception of former British colonies like South Africa/Egypt.

Funny though that no one will touch the continent of Africa with a ten foot pole though. You'd think they'd have tons of cheap labor there, but I don't recall ever seeing anything made there with the exception of former British colonies like South Africa/Egypt.

Nigeria makes quite a bit of stuff. Many of the other countries in Africa aren't terribly stable.

Think the biggest factors there are instability in the region, and poor infrastructure. I mean you gotta start somewhere. But since the Indonesian zone this investment is being funneled into is already industrialized, it will be significantly easier to get up and running. That and the Asian market is huge.

Nigeria makes quite a bit of stuff. Many of the other countries in Africa aren't terribly stable.

Who wouldn't want to work in countries where you can be pulled out of the factory and pressed into their army every time a band of bloodthirsty warriors come through town?

My Iphone 4 is a shoddy cheap piece of shit. I wonder how bad these indonesian made ones will be.

Huh? China is building up the infrastructure in a number of those countries... They take the resources of course...

Think the biggest factors there are instability in the region, and poor infrastructure. I mean you gotta start somewhere. But since the Indonesian zone this investment is being funneled into is already industrialized, it will be significantly easier to get up and running. That and the Asian market is huge.

ding ding ding ... they could also support the EU with a facility in Indonesia ... they probably already ship through the Straight of Malacca to get to the EU from China ... this should save them some distance ... Indonesia also has an enormous labor supply as the most populous Muslim nation in the world ... they already exported lots of workers to other countries (much like their neighbor the Philippines) so now they might be able to keep some of those workers at home

Back