Foxconn P35A for $49.99 after MIR

How is Foxconn doing on rebates? I normally don't have a problem sending in rebates, except for shady places known to arbitrarily reject rebates (K-World) that they never intended to pay.

I'm reading on FW that Foxconn uses tricky terms and conditions, like failure to write specific things on the back of the envelope, in order to reject rebates.

If you're ordering this, you should not only make a copy of the stuff you're sending in, but also the front and back of the envelope. And read the T&C very carefully.

yes the rebate has some specifics to follow but they are described on the rebate form.

Also, I believe this board is crossfire ready. :)

The rebate is through Myrebates411. I've submitted 3 rebates through them so far over the past few years, two for Sapphire video cards, and one for a Foxconn socket 939 board. The first one I had to resubmit, the second I had to resubmit, contact them several times, and then finally contact Newegg and get them to contact the rebate company (who then shockingly sent my check right out). Both of those took about 4-5 months to pay out. I'm still waiting on the third, which I sent in about two months ago. The motherboard rebate is the first one where they didn't claim to have never received it.

Overall you can expect to eventually get the rebate, but also expect to have to contact them, and to be waiting on the check for 4 months or so. I particularly like how there is an article linked on their front page that basically implies the entire rebate system is in danger of being discontinued due to unwarranted consumer complaints. :)

I wonder whats the real deal with rebates. Are the employees stealing the money or could the manufacturer be that shady that they don't want to keep their customers future bussiness. I wish we didn't have rebates like in europe. I need to get a scanner to keep track and make copies of my rebates, I know I don't get them all :rolleyes: .

Back