foxconn net top w/ ion video laggy?

viper92086

Gawd
So i just purchased my first htpc a foxconn nt-330i. I installed 2gb ram and windows 7 pro 32 bit. I noticed that all my vdieos are severly laggy. (i cannot do any vhd video streaming without sever lag, this includes watching shows on fox.com or nbc.com) did i miss something? i went to nvidia and got the latest chipset drivers and video drivers.

i found out i can play 1080p content just fine if its a mkv, so im completely confused and whats going on. i ran internetspeedtest and i am getting my normal 20mbps down and 3mpbs up

If the video is flash based and without 10.1 flash installed (and support) it will run off the CPU which will cause huge lag.

Yes, the ION can decode MKV files with h.264 encoding just fine, but for files that PureVideoHD2 and 3 do not support, it will have to use the CPU, which the Atom CPU (single or dual core) cannot handle well.

i have flash 10.1 installed, and it doesnt seem to want to take advantage of my hardware. Is this somthing that i have to enable in flash? i'm tempted to try 10.2 beta.

i have flash 10.1 installed, and it doesnt seem to want to take advantage of my hardware. Is this somthing that i have to enable in flash? i'm tempted to try 10.2 beta.

Right click the video and make sure its enabled.

capturexob.png

Back