Foxconn MARS P35

Pepsiennis

[H]ard|Gawd
Saw this over at Vr-Zone. Up till recently they've been pretty staid, but it seems...

"Come here clock'a....and dig this crazy scene
It's not too fancy....but its line is pretty clean
It ain't no drag.
Foxy's got a brand new bag "

OK, sorry for ripping off James Brown, and there aren't any board pics (good thing, too, as the Computex picks of the board showed it to look rather ugly), but the screenshots of the bios are enough to catch your interest. I wonder how it'll do.

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=5134

iirc a couple of DFI BIOS (Infinity side though I think) guys recently left & joined Foxconn so maybe 1 of these days they'll get there for enthusiasts - the company certainly has the muscle if it decides that it really wants to.

I love the layout of that board. Looks like they placed everything in the right spot, no blocked headers :)

Heyyyyyy... that's not the board I remember seeing around Computex time. That's actually a pretty good looking board! The layout looks clean indeed... it seems James was right. :D And is it me, or does the baord resemble the Striker Extreme but with different cooling? Clear_CMOS button on the board, looks like RAM could be switched out with the vid card installed... Dan_D might like this layout. OK, layout is serious, Bios is serious (especially if those engineers indeed made that switch from DFI-->Foxconn), this board may be a contender.

come on Dan and Kyle........lets see that [H] review on this puppy!

Wow those BIOS options look really neat!

Foxconn definitely has a lot of muscle... in fact they manufacture numerous components of other company's motherboards already. If those DFI engineers did indeed go there, things can look good for oc'ing! (At computex, they were advertising their new / future boards as being very oc friendly, so we shall see!)

Back