Found this laying on the floor

legrand

Weaksauce
Do you suppose this could be a problem for my video card?
Maybe this is the issue for more than just my 7900 GTX card... Crappily attached capacitors. I certainly didn't manhandle mine when I installed it.

56.jpg

58.jpg

I would definatly take both cards out of my machine and compare the two and figure out whitch one is missing that piece, then I would take the RMA route. good luck

:O. Yes, that's a problem. As far as operation, you'll probably be ok, but RMA it while you can! RMA RMA RMA...

My sig is old. That came from the replacement for the 7800's, a 7900 GTX. It's already enroute for an RMA. Suprisingly, the 7900 ran, but had issues. Imagine that... it had issues after losing a capacitor. The 7800 is still runing fine.

Those capacitors don't normally come off unless the soldering was done poorly. I've seen literally dozens of reports of capacitors just falling off cards now, so somebody's got an uncorrected problem in manufacturing.

I hate to say it but this is not the only thread/pictures I have come across with this problem. Those were from EVGA.

Not knocking EVGA at all (their tech support/RMA/StepUp programs are great) but weird that people find these caps seperated in the box or on the floor.

Yeap, another EVGA posted saying there was a resistor floating inside the clamshell when he received his card. QC is getting worse, I guess.

Back