found physical dvd rom of Unreal games, can't activate on EPIC launcher?

JediFonger

2[H]4U
found my physical DVD installer for Unreal Tournament 3 and activated it on steam fine, but oddly enough doesn't work with EPIC launcher... even though it is an EPIC game?

One down, one more to go.

the next is the Unreal Anthology like this: https://unreal.fandom.com/wiki/Compilations#Unreal_Anthology

can't activate key on steam or EPIC launcher.

any tips or i just gotta mickymouse installing it or look for deals to buy directly for cheap?

I've just bought digital copies of all my games. Less head ache and I don't have to worry about the dust storm from my game cases by moving them.
They're less than $10 for the most part.

oh that's the whole point yes. i have just heard that many people were able to successfully activate keys from older physical media into online platforms like i just did.

i've done it for warcraft 3/starcraft classic, etc. so it's all good. i'm pretty certain this is the last of it... unless there is more crap in the attic lolz

Have you tried activating them on Steam or GOG?

No doubt the Unreal pack on Steam and GOG will go on sale for a deep discount during the Christmas sale. It usually does.

ut3 worked for steam because steam pre-dated EPIC store/launcher.

but anthology pack didn't work.

why would gog activate? they have no direct relationship to have any access to any of the CD keys of midway/epic. i did try it and of course it didn't work. gog will only work for gog-specific codes.

CD keys may work but only for steam other game dev. stores.

Have you tried activating them on Steam or GOG?

No doubt the Unreal pack on Steam and GOG will go on sale for a deep discount during the Christmas sale. It usually does.

I've had a few things that SHOULD have activated (on Steam for me as I don't use others) before, but wouldn't for whatever reason. (even though other games worked fine) I think it comes down to the licensing agreement that the specific studio or publisher had with the storefront at that time. Some may even expire after a while, or didn't include certain SKUs in the first place. At least, I've found the process very inconsistent. I just went and re-bought things digitally after a while, because I got tired of trying. :D

I remember back when Origin was new and they were allowing you to activate BF2 and BF2142 on it.
I had issues with BF2 activating so they just added the BF2 complete collection to my account for me.

It's cool that you are able to activate old physical games to the online systems.

origin-games.jpg

Oh wow the only pre-steam game I knew of being able to add to steam was Prey, now I'm going to try all my physical games I haven't repurchased yet.

Back