FOUND: DOCSIS 3.1 Modem

project86

Limp Gawd
My old faithful SB6141 has been perfect for many years but I'm just updating Xfinity to 600mbps service, and won't be able to get the full speed until I upgrade modems. Need a DOCSIS 3.1 device that will be able to register on Xfinity, so obviously I'm staying away from eBay units... but a trusted user here should be fine.

Anybody have one?

EDIT got one, thanks

Last edited:
I upgraded mine a while back as well - just a heads up that the SB8200 works fine with Xfinity as well. I'm currently on their 1gig plan....sorry I'm keeping mine though =P.

So, I don't have a DOCSIS 3.1 modem, but I do have a *better* DOCSIS 3.0 modem - TP-Link TC-7620 (valid for 686 Mb/s). Worked fine on Comcast until I moved to the gig plan. If you're interested shoot me a PM, otherwise good luck with the search!

I upgraded mine a while back as well - just a heads up that the SB8200 works fine with Xfinity as well. I'm currently on their 1gig plan....sorry I'm keeping mine though =P.

That's the direction I was considering going if I buy new, but I figure I should see if anyone has one they don't need, before I go that route.

So, I don't have a DOCSIS 3.1 modem, but I do have a *better* DOCSIS 3.0 modem - TP-Link TC-7620 (valid for 686 Mb/s). Worked fine on Comcast until I moved to the gig plan. If you're interested shoot me a PM, otherwise good luck with the search!

Thanks but from my reading that will top out around 370Mbps on Comcast. Better than my current solution (I'm around 275Mbps right now) but still not getting all the speed I'm now paying for. Thanks anyway though.

That's got a built-in wireless router which is not something I need. I already have an excellent Gryphon setup for wifi, including mesh with ethernet backhaul. Just need a dedicated modem at this point.

Back