Found and bought XFX 780i board @ Fry's - Phoenix, AZ

UPDATE: After the defective SB cooling on my XFX, I went with the Asus P5N-T which appears to have a better cooling system. The problem I had now was that it would only boot 1/3 of the time. Do these installs ever go smoothly?!? Anyway, I realized it had a very early BIOS revision (0402) so I used the Asus EZ Flash 2 option in the BIOS menu and updated to the latest (0502) and the booting problem is solved. Asus has made it super easy to upgrade the BIOS; just point to the file on your hard drive! Now that I've turned the corner, I'm trying to get my existing Vista 64-bit load to work, but it seems to lock when trying to install the drivers. Clean install it is.

well i just got my XFX780i in and i installed everything and i went to power on for the first time and one of the --well im not sure what u call it----- sparked and burned.
i bought it thru ZipZoom and i call to get a RMA and i sent it to them and they sent me an email telling me it fall under the catagory of phisical damage and they WOULD NOT replace and that i had to go thru XFX so now im waiting on a replacement from XFX. i will never buy from ZipZoom again after trying to stiff me out off 300$ bones. thx god XFX is gonna replace it.

herefd9.png

Something's wrong with this HardOCP post as I can't see page 3 unless I go to printable view. Anyway, that's too bad you had a problem with the board. Ironically, I did not want to buy XFX anymore, and purchased my replacement Asus 780i board from ZipZoomFly. I'm glad XFX has stepped up to help you and jeers to ZipZoom. It should be a standard warranty replacement.

Btw, I was getting BSOD on some boots on my new Vista 64 Ultimate load (w/Asus 780i board), apparently caused by some ATK0110 ACPI S1/S3 driver. Hasn't done this since.

Newegg, no questions asked returns = FTW!

I don't like going through the manufacturers for RMA's, they take too long.

Newegg, no questions asked returns = FTW!

I don't like going through the manufacturers for RMA's, they take too long.

Since I know, I usually Newegg, but they were charging way more for this board than ZipZoomFly. Agreed about Newegg returns. On one order, I had nothing but problems with power supply and motherboard compatibility, but their automated process eliminated all the headaches of getting replacements..

well i just got my XFX780i in and i installed everything and i went to power on for the first time and one of the --well im not sure what u call it----- sparked and burned.
i bought it thru ZipZoom and i call to get a RMA and i sent it to them and they sent me an email telling me it fall under the catagory of phisical damage and they WOULD NOT replace and that i had to go thru XFX so now im waiting on a replacement from XFX.

herefd9.png

Oh that's bullshit. That's clearly a defective part. Not physical damage.

photo. since it was their decision that it is physically damaged by you, ask them how they came to that decision.

so how would u explain or make that clear to ZZ if you were me?

Well I'd explain to them that the board wasn't physically damaged by you. The damn thing fried damaging itself because the thing is defective. It was installed properly, everything hooked up that needed to be and the thing sparked and started smoking. I'd go on to tell them that in case they didn't know, bad hardware sometimes does stuff like that. Ask any real technician and they'd agree.

There may not be anyway to get them to call it defective and accept an RMA as they really just want to put that on the shoulders of the manufacturer. I can understand that but it is piss poor customer service if they did that in such an obvious situation. Did you send them the photo?

yes sir Dan_D and here is the email they sent me!

Dear Customer,

ZipZoomFly Order#Z4238347

Thank you for shopping with ZipZoomFly.com.

We have received your returned item 10007131. However upon inspection we noticed there’s a chip burnt next to ATX power connector [see attached images]. Please be advised this is considered physical damage and physical damage may void the warranty. At this time we cannot guarantee replacement on this item since physical damage voids the warranty. We can only attempt to send this back to the manufacturer and we will replace upon receiving the replacement from manufacturer.

Please confirm by e-mail if you would like for us to TRY otherwise the item will be sent back to you if no response is received within 2 business days.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

ZipZoomFly
RMA Dept.

Dear Customer,

We have received your returned item 10007131. However upon inspection we noticed there’s a chip burnt next to ATX power connector [see attached images]. Please be advised this is considered physical damage and physical damage may void the warranty. At this time we cannot guarantee replacement on this item since physical damage voids the warranty. We can only attempt to send this back to the manufacturer and we will replace upon receiving the replacement from manufacturer.

Please confirm by e-mail if you would like for us to TRY otherwise the item will be sent back to you if no response is received within 2 business days.

Regards,

ZipZoomFly
RMA Dept.

That is a steaming pile of cow shit.

please Mr.Dan if u had to tell ZZ there wrong what would u say Sir?

I'd tell them it isn't physical damage. Components on motherboards sometimes fail and when those components have voltage going through them or those components regulate voltate they sometimes fry. This is a fact. It isn't physical damage as the physical damage was caused by the board having defective components onboard.

How were you treated by XFX? Do they agree that the board is defective?

Dear Customer,

Regards,

ZipZoomFly
RMA Dept.
Nice to know. I'll be avoiding these asshats.

well so far OK, i just now shipped them the board so i want know till they look at it in person but nevertheless ZZ just totally blow me off, and there spokes man was just adlibbing to there polices as he was talking to me but yet he could not point out were this board how in the hell they classified it under physical damage (basically even he couldn't justify there position) and when he said that i just got REALLY pissed and i had to hang up before i said something really nasty (
hopefully XFX will man up and replace my board god willing...

Zip Zoom Fly delivered you the board in one piece. The liability should fall squarely on XFX since it was their crummy board that was defective.

so in other words ZZ has no obligation of selling u a good working product? so realistically its buy at your own risk, or I'm i reading your post wrong.
i just thought that ZZ has an obligation to there customers!

Ultimately it is XFX's responsability...however, if ZZ wants to make new customers and keep existing ones...they should review their policies.

Just from reading this post alone, I will not buy from them. Newegg has decient prices and I have "Never" and any problems returnign items to them. ever.

And from the sounds of it, there are several peopel here that wont buy from them either now. They have jsut lost a lot of potentional business just from this forum alone.

oh, BTW...

I was reading about a SATA DVD problem while using a RAID0 array. Is that still the case, or did the bios update fix that???

Back