Found a sb6121 while cleaning up. How can I tell the serial/mac status

blackbeaSSt

2[H]4U
not sure why i have it or where it came from. but before i try and sell it how can i tell if the new buyer will be good to go?

If it is a white one, it will be good to go (White = retail only). If it is a black one, no idea short of calling the possible ISP it was used on(good luck).

If it is a white one, it will be good to go (White = retail only). If it is a black one, no idea short of calling the possible ISP it was used on(good luck).

nah its a black one. can't they be used on different isp's though?

nah its a black one. can't they be used on different isp's though?

Yes. The only danger is if it was, for example, a Comcast rental modem that was never returned without it being paid for. In that case, Comcast will usually blacklist it. It is a low risk overall, but since you don't know where it came from, it is a risk.

You can take a Comcast blacklisted modem to TWC or Cox and they will activate it. This is why you will sometimes see modems listed on eBay as "NOT FOR COMCAST" or something like that. They are rentals that were blacklisted for non-payment.

if i had to guess based on where i live/lived, its a charter modem. not sure why i still have it. if charter blacklists it can it be used on other ISP's?

Back