Found a fix for NF-44 1T RAM problem

PClark99

2[H]4U
Joined
May 3, 2000
Messages
2,843
Was just killing some time tonight over at the evga forums.

Found this link here:

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18022

Cliff's notes version:

"I have a 1T fix that works for a friend of mine who has the NF41 and some UCCC memory sticks. At his request I made an effort to get his machine working at 1T and i did it!!!!

Using a A64 tweaking program called A64info v0.5 (which can be Googled for and found on the Xtreme Systems forum) I found a few key settings which enabled me to run his UCCC sticks very fast and stable.

-Change DRAM Drive Strength to 'Weak' from 'Normal'
-Change DRAM Data Drive Strength to 'Level 1(reduce 50%)'
-Change Idle Cycle Limit to '256 cycles'
-Change Command Rate to 1T

Others should try this and if it works for everybody with 1T problems, perhaps eVGA could make the necessary items changeable in a new bios!!"

Anyway, for shits and giggles I tried it on my NF-44 and lo and behold I can get 1T working properly. All I can say is woot.
 
Do you have to make those changes everytime you boot or can you save them somehow like in a startup short-cut? I wish evga would just get off their ass and update their bios already!
:mad:
 
Sikes said:
Do you have to make those changes everytime you boot or can you save them somehow like in a startup short-cut? I wish evga would just get off their ass and update their bios already!
:mad:

I would not hold my breath on evga to do anything, this board is like a red-headed bastard stepson. I was ready to dump it, I was pissed that I could not run my $300 RAM at 1T. At least there is a workaround.

The A64 info program lets you save the settings as a SET file but you have to load it manually everytime you boot. Its not a big deal if you have a shortcut to the program on your desktop, its like 3 mouse button presses.

I tried A64 tweaker (allows loading settings at startup) but I did not see a setting for DRam Data Drive Strength. I did not try to see if it would work 1T though with just the other two changes. Who knows it might.
 
Tried this fix...

It still crashes under heavy load if overclocked.

Had my opteron set at 2.2GHz (10%OC) and tried the 1T fix, blue screened in 3dmark06.
 
I wish I could help but I sold my sli board a month ago.

best bet is to try evga forums.
 
Back
Top