• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Found a Core i7 920 for $220

thekernel

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 11, 2008
Messages
75
So I was at Fry's today roaming the processor section and my eye caught a Core i7 920...for $220. This is at least $70 cheaper than anything I could find online and I quickly jumped on it. They also had a Gigabyte UD3 x58 board for $190 which was also pretty decent. Combined with 6GB of DDR3 and I now have a Core i7 barebones upgrade for $620 including tax. Not bad at all.

They seemed to have plenty of stock when I was there so if anyone else is looking for an i7 920, you might want to jump on this. According to the sign, this was the last day of the sale.
 
Yup, thats the price their at if you go to your local mc/frys.

Also beware of cranky cavemen saying this has been posted already. ;)
 
Well this deal is no longer good at frys for it ended on the 5th of February.

Now it will probably happen again soon sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. Same thing with Microcenter this is one of the sale items they get you to come in the store and buy. It is a loss leader. They hope to make money off you buying the ram, case, hard drives, and graphic card.
 
Well this deal is no longer good at frys for it ended on the 5th of February.

Now it will probably happen again soon sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. Same thing with Microcenter this is one of the sale items they get you to come in the store and buy. It is a loss leader. They hope to make money off you buying the ram, case, hard drives, and graphic card.

MC is indeed running this deal yet again.
 
I bought my 920 from microcenter, along with 700$ worth of other stuff. Come to find out, most of it (RAM, PSU, VC, MB) says its in stock online, but actually not in store.

Sad IT system they have. Inventory works the same way it does at Bestbuy. No Idea when they decide to update online, so its useless.

I ended up canceling the order, placing another for just the 920, and walking out with their "loss leader". They snooze, newegg wins.

I did manage to get my Gigabyte UD3R and 6GB DDR3 for 200$ out the door online :)
 
really? I use Microcenter a lot and have only had one issue where they did not have something I ordered for pick up. Thier prices are pretty darn close to newegg on most things (they are big on rebates and I hate those) but I got my I7 for 229 corsair 3GB 1600 ddr3 for 89 and my asus p6t for 229. They have pretty much a no questions asked return policy as long as it is with receipt and within the time.
 
Back
Top