Found a cool barn.. pics inside.

Matt126

Gawd
My friend found this while driving to work one day.. never really noticed before. So we went to snap some photos..
Here are a couple and the rest can be found here
There are full size images there as well.
Onto the pictures.
I took a bunch of black and white and a couple color.
100_1659.JPG

100_1678.JPG

100_1679.JPG

100_1688.JPG

100_1658.JPG

Any comments are welcome. :)

Matt126 said:
i like them, but this one, you gotta watch out for the those shaddows -------------------------------------------------------------------------------/\
its one of those things i always have to look out for doing video work. it will eventually become second nature. i really like the first one, and i thik it would be extra pimp if you colorized the planks to have a slight red tint in photoshop.

the first and the third are pretty awesome.

wow, when i saw those pics i instantly thought i would see someone hanging from the rafters. dont know why, i just did.

Cool looking barn, i would stop and take pics too :)

Wow, when you said barn, I didn't think you meant pile of sticks. :D

Nice shots, great scene. I'd feel unsafe in that barn, though; it looks like it might collapse at any second.

wankrtron said:
i like them, but this one, you gotta watch out for the those shaddows -------------------------------------------------------------------------------/\
its one of those things i always have to look out for doing video work. it will eventually become second nature. i really like the first one, and i thik it would be extra pimp if you colorized the planks to have a slight red tint in photoshop.

the first and the third are pretty awesome.

Yeah that last shot was kind of rushed.. as we were leaving I saw something I liked.. It was freezing cold out and I was just trying to get back to the car as quickly as possible. Didn't even pay attention to the shadow. I really like that picture otherwise.

The ladder is probably my favorite out of all of them. I really like the way that turned out.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Color shot is *really* overexposed.

Other than that, I like the last BW one a lot.

Nice pictures, I like the first and second a lot. I prefer B&W, dont care for the color one, at least in this case. Good Job

What did you use to resize the images? Whatever software it was left a lot of very bad jagged lines. :(

HorsePunchKid said:
What did you use to resize the images? Whatever software it was left a lot of very bad jagged lines. :(

I used MS Office Picture Manager... just because you can resize a bunch of pictures at once. I didn't notice any jagged lines, can you point out anything specific?

Does anyone else see this?

Matt

Matt126 said:
I used MS Office Picture Manager... just because you can resize a bunch of pictures at once. I didn't notice any jagged lines, can you point out anything specific?
I figured that was roughly what you used. Examples abound; just look at any high-contrast edges. The most obvious jaggies to me are in the second picture. Look at the branches near the top center: They look like they're made out of tiny Legos. :) Also, any nearly-straight lines look pretty jagged, like in the top-left corner of the last B&W photo.

Irfanview is a popular alternative to MS's extremely poorly written resizer. I have not used it personally, but I hear it will do all of the batch-resizing and converting that you could ever want.

HorsePunchKid said:
Irfanview is a popular alternative to MS's extremely poorly written resizer. I have not used it personally, but I hear it will do all of the batch-resizing and converting that you could ever want.

batch.jpg

Yes it can. :)

pictures have been resized using irfanview. Hope that makes them easier on the eyes :)

One picture that I left out that I really liked was this one..
100_1667.JPG

I think it's a little too light, I might try playing with it in photoshop a bit.

-Matt

Neat shots. I rather like the one that Wankrtron commented on; I like the contrast it provides.

I very rarely take photos using the black and white shooting mode in my camera. My view is that if you have the time to devote to it, most everything should be taken in color and then modified accordingly with whatever post-processing application suits your fancy. When you do this, you allow yourself that extra bit of material to play with once you actually see the photo on your computer. A good portion of my inspiration shows up well after I've taken the shot and it's nice to have some color to fall back on.
Number 1658 (the color shot in your first post) I think would look really neat in all greyscale except for the roof itself. Color like that is much easier to remove than it is to put back.

Thanks for the comments.

I think I might heed your advice and start out with color pictures.

I do like the look of black and white better for my final product, but color does give me a bit more freedom in what I can do with the picture. I can change color the BW, but not BW to color.

Maybe I should try and change that color picture. :)

Also the last picture with the shadow in it, I was thinking about cropping that out because I really like that picture otherwise.

Thanks again,
Matt

wow you were right, this one really does look better in BW, this is exactly how I saw it when I took the picture. The BW version really brings out my vision.

100_1658r1.jpg

:D

Back