Found a bug with 5950x using Vray Benchmark. Please test.

xfan10

Weaksauce
Hi guys,

I did a new AMD build with the 5950x and using Vray RTX Benchmark, it cripples my video card at certain times. Scores drop about 40%. It also happened on an Intel 12900k build. Ive swapped the video card (both EVGA), cpu (2 intels, 2 amd), mobo, power supply and still happens. Can anyone try the Vray RTX Benchmark, perferebly with a 3090, and see what score you get. Should be around 2500. You need to do it just after a reboot as soon as you get to the desktop. Otherwise after a minute the so it will be normal again. It will still happen randomly afterwards but after reboot its guaranteed.

You have to use the latest Nvidia drivers and make sure if you are on Windows 11 that you have the following update already installed. If you dont see it in windows update then its installed "2022-06 cumulative update for windows 11 for x64-based system (KB5014668)" . This happens on Windows 10 also.

If you want to see this in action i made a video showing my scores plummet when I simply uninstall Microsoft Teams. I can also bring them back if I activate the Snip tool. Its nuts.

Make sure to only test RTX or Cuda without the CPU. The CPU benchmarks dont have this issue.
Vray Benchmark

Video Table of Contents
1. Reboot
2. RTX Benchmark (full speed)
3. Reboot
4.. RTX benchmark again (full speed)
5. Uninstall Microsoft Teams
6. Reboot
7. RTX benchmark (crippled)
8. Reboot
9. RTX benchmark again (crippled)
10. RTX benchmark with Windows Snip tool activated (full speed)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't have an AMD setup to test with, but hoping others will chime in with their results. Good catch btw.

Unfortunately, I don't have an AMD setup to test with, but hoping others will chime in with their results. Good catch btw.
I acutally just redid the intel build and it happening there too. Ive updated the post. so if anyone on intel or AMD can try it that would be great. the only thing I didnt swap was memory. have a new set coming today. Id really hate to swap the 3090. I had a spare 1080ti and it happens with that so i dont think it the video card.

Here is my 5950 Score with a 3090

1658084735902.png

I uninstalled teams and did the reboots and all that and my score never really changed, it fluctuates between 2990 and 3010.

Back