• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Found a broken SyncMaster 245BW

Ryan930

n00b
Joined
Jul 30, 2012
Messages
23
Hello everyone,

Just asking for your opinion on something. I found a "broken" syncmaster 245BW at work the other day. It powers on as I can see from a lit power button, but there is no display when I plug it into my desktop (or any other desktop). The warranty is expired and I don't really want to spend the money to fix it unless it's very cheap to do so. Any ideas what could possibly be wrong with it and how much it could be to fix? Manufacture date is in 2007, so it's pretty old.

Also if it's a lot to fix it do you think anybody would buy it as is?

Thanks a lot and sorry if these are all dumb questions
 
It could be the caps on the power board are bad. My 22" samsung's had that problem with the cheap caps they use on the power board. Replaced the caps for around 3-4 dollars and a co-worker soldered them on. They are still working to this day. Otherwise it could be the bulb that lights the screen. I would check the caps first I suspect that could be the main issue.
 
Back
Top