Forza Motorsport 6: The first true DX12 game/true test of DX12?

Its ok, im sure someone will package a torrent to get it to work on win 7. and when that happens ill play it.

Pretty sure that ain't happening seeing as there's no DX12 runtime on W10 and this is a UWP game to boot

You can torrent it and play on Windows 10 if you just wanna avoid interacting with the windows store, pretty sure QB is available on torrent websites

Question, is torrenting a free game considered piracy ?

edit: nvgrim
wont happen. I bet you bitched about moving to W7 when it came out too. suck it up and move to W10!

people have bitched about EVERY new version of windows since '98. I don't recall any complaints going from 3 to 95 but 95 to 98 is when I remember it starting.

people have bitched about EVERY new version of windows since '98. I don't recall any complaints going from 3 to 95 but 95 to 98 is when I remember it starting.

98 wasn't that bad, what was an issue was the integration of IE into windows, then ME came out which was a hatchet job because of the issues that came about when MS was forced to rip out IE from Windows core.

Vista wasn't a bad OS, it did have issues with resource management (high resources needed) but outside of that it was solid. Then 7 and 10 they have both been pretty solid.

my point was that people always complain when a new os version comes out but then a couple years down the road they love it and refuse to move to the next new version. every single time.

edit: yes I do remember ME and it worked fine for me. same with vista worked fine, you just needed a powerful system to get the best experience out of it.

I hope forza turns out well. it was one of the only games I played on xbone that I wanted on PC.

edit: nvgrim
wont happen. I bet you bitched about moving to W7 when it came out too. suck it up and move to W10!

You're one of the former Windows XP hold outs I take it.
Nope, when vista came out i moved to that because it visually looked better than old ass XP and my machine at the time was powerful enough to run it. Then 7 came out and i saw that it was just a better vista and moved to it. Then 8 came out and they wanted everything to be like a tablet with the shitty metro UI and then 10 adopted that same crap because they want all MS devices to act as one environment so they still added some crappy touchscreen UI designs. (Yes i know you can make 8 and 10 look and run like 7, but thats not the point) Windows 10 is ugly IMO and it offers nothing more than Win 7 gives me so i have no desire to upgrade.

Nope, when vista came out i moved to that because it visually looked better than old ass XP and my machine at the time was powerful enough to run it. Then 7 came out and i saw that it was just a better vista and moved to it. Then 8 came out and they wanted everything to be like a tablet with the shitty metro UI and then 10 adopted that same crap because they want all MS devices to act as one environment so they still added some crappy touchscreen UI designs. (Yes i know you can make 8 and 10 look and run like 7, but thats not the point) Windows 10 is ugly IMO and it offers nothing more than Win 7 gives me so i have no desire to upgrade.

Well....

Nothing except dx12 and better performance I guess

Well....

Nothing except dx12 and better performance I guess
Because DX12 is being used so much right now... And better performance? My system is already plenty fast, boots in seconds and plays all games maxed out 60+ FPS. If there is any performance boost it would be marginal at best and i wouldnt even notice it. And yes i have used Win 10, even did the upgrade for free on my laptop that i never really use and guess what it runs just like win 7, no real noticeable gains. Took me a while to remove all he ads and tiles in the start menu to make it look close to the win 7 one

You upgraded to vista because of how it looks. 7 improved on that so you upgraded to that. You acknowledge that 8 and 10 can be customized to look like 7, yet that isn't the point. Makes perfect sense.

Does Forza Motorsport 6 run on Win95 and 98 wow :p
Just joining in for the fun and saying...

*Stay on Target*
:)
Cheers

Total agreement here. I came in to this thread hoping to find maybe some people to race with or exciting news and all I got was a huge dick measuring contest about who knows how dx12 works the best, which quickly devolved in to shit like

You upgraded to vista because of how it looks. 7 improved on that so you upgraded to that. You acknowledge that 8 and 10 can be customized to look like 7, yet that isn't the point. Makes perfect sense.

This whole thread should be locked jesus christ.

It makes perfect sense? I like the direction that they were taking windows with aero and then when they introduced the metro UI and it being more geared for touchscreens i was turned off. Out of the box vista and 7 needed no customization to make it look good, bit with 8/10 you either needed to download classic shell or deal with it.

Total agreement here. I came in to this thread hoping to find maybe some people to race with or exciting news and all I got was a huge dick measuring contest about who knows how dx12 works the best, which quickly devolved in to shit like

This whole thread should be locked jesus christ.
Apologize for the tangent i got on, just disappointed in the direction MS took forza. For years and years we wanted it on PC, and now finally when they come up with some scheme to make more people move to Win 10 they release forza on pc to help boost Win 10 sales. Just rustles my jimmes a little.

Apologize for the tangent i got on, just disappointed in the direction MS took forza. For years and years we wanted it on PC, and now finally when they come up with some scheme to make more people move to Win 10 they release forza on pc to help boost Win 10 sales. Just rustles my jimmes a little.

It's also free...

It's also free...
exactly, its a ploy to get more people to move to Win 10. They know there is a lot of pc gamers out there that would love forza on pc because they dont own an xbox. But they also know that a lot are still on Win 7 so what better what to get people to move to Win 10 than to give away a free game that people have been asking for a long time.

exactly, its a ploy to get more people to move to Win 10. They know there is a lot of pc gamers out there that would love forza on pc because they dont own an xbox. But they also know that a lot are still on Win 7 so what better what to get people to move to Win 10 than to give away a free game that people have been asking for a long time.

Exactly...

As far as ploys go those that involve a free system upgrade for a free game rank pretty highly on my ploy quality list

Last edited:
sorta. it only has one free character at a time. I guess you can buy the others you want or the whole pack. I just play the free one when I want to take out some frustration.

sorta. it only has one free character at a time. I guess you can buy the others you want or the whole pack. I just play the free one when I want to take out some frustration.

Oh I didn't know that.

You know what really is an awesome free game?

The Ark spinoff, it isn't perfect but that game has amazing scope. I played the actual game far more and it just instills this sense of awesome wonder that's really rare in gaming today

Windows 10 isn't "free" for everyone.

It's not free for enterprise users.

It's not free for people who have incompatible hardware (especially all-in-ones or notebooks with zero upgrade path).

It's not free for people who have incompatible software.

It's not free for people like me who installed their W7 key on two boxes. For some crazy reason they gave both those systems with the same key the "genuine software" pass, but they draw the line at free upgrades :D

Guess I'll be waiting until 2020 to pay my dues, since they didn't offer a discount pre-purchase key this time around. I don't feel like dropping a hundred today just to play Forza...but if someone makes DX12 worth my while I'll upgrade earlier.

Windows 10 isn't "free" for everyone.

It's not free for enterprise users.

It's not free for people who have incompatible hardware (especially all-in-ones or notebooks with zero upgrade path).

It's not free for people who have incompatible software.

It's not free for people like me who installed their W7 key on two boxes. For some crazy reason they gave both those systems with the same key the "genuine software" pass, but they draw the line at free upgrades :D

Guess I'll be waiting until 2020 to pay my dues, since they didn't offer a discount pre-purchase key this time around. I don't feel like dropping a hundred today just to play Forza.

I hadn't considered Enterprise editions but whatever how big a demographic are users running enterprise in gaming? :p

Anyway, you can get cheap windows 10 if you just look, haven't purchased one myself but several of my friends and colleagues have

Yeah, I know, but I'll keep this above board. Just dragging my ass before I give them my cash - something besides the OS has to WOW me before I upgrade early.

I didn't actually realize I used the same key on two computers until they rolled out the upgrades. All the other computers in my house upgraded, except my gaming system :(

It makes perfect sense? I like the direction that they were taking windows with aero and then when they introduced the metro UI and it being more geared for touchscreens i was turned off. Out of the box vista and 7 needed no customization to make it look good, bit with 8/10 you either needed to download classic shell or deal with it.

Soooo Install classic shell? Much ado about nothing. Sounds like you're just using it as an excuse to pirate a game.

Soooo Install classic shell? Much ado about nothing. Sounds like you're just using it as an excuse to pirate a game.
Shouldnt have to use 3rd party software to make your OS useable for desktops....doesnt matter anyways because ill be holding onto win 7 until 2020 or an actual successor to 7 is released.

Shouldnt have to use 3rd party software to make your OS useable for desktops....doesnt matter anyways because ill be holding onto win 7 until 2020 or an actual successor to 7 is released.

You don't HAVE to use it, especially for Windows 10. It has a fully functional start menu. I used it myself for 8/8.1 and see no need for it on 10. Plenty of Windows 10 computers out there that don't have Classic Shell on them. In fact, I'd say the vast majority of people don't even know about it, and they seem to be able to navigate the OS just fine.

You don't HAVE to use it, especially for Windows 10. It has a fully functional start menu. I used it myself for 8/8.1 and see no need for it on 10. Plenty of Windows 10 computers out there that don't have Classic Shell on them. In fact, I'd say the vast majority of people don't even know about it, and they seem to be able to navigate the OS just fine.
While Windows 10 start menu is tons better than Windows 8, its still crap from the start full of tiles and ads, but after some customization it can look ok. Not as clean as the Win 7 one but much better than the crap they gave us in Win 8.

While Windows 10 start menu is tons better than Windows 8, its still crap from the start full of tiles and ads, but after some customization it can look ok. Not as clean as the Win 7 one but much better than the crap they gave us in Win 8.

I wouldn't exactly call "right-click, delete" customization...unless you're an old school Apple user. "Whoa, your mouse has two buttons? Narly mod, dude!" Seriously, I haven't seen an ad in my start menu since installation, and the only tiles there are the ones that I want. You can have zero if you prefer.

Windows 10 has some issues. The Start menu isn't one of them.

I wouldn't exactly call "right-click, delete" customization...unless you're an old school Apple user. "Whoa, your mouse has two buttons? Narly mod, dude!" Seriously, I haven't seen an ad in my start menu since installation, and the only tiles there are the ones that I want. You can have zero if you prefer.

Windows 10 has some issues. The Start menu isn't one of them.
You are changing it to your liking right? Thats called customization. I am customizing it to how i want.

Customizing the start menu by removing unwanted icons and installing 3rd party programs to alter the OS are two different things...
If you don't want w10 don't use it but don't bitch about missing out on the new things that come with progress.
Back to forza. Anybody see this gameplay vid? I hadn't.

You are changing it to your liking right? Thats called customization. I am customizing it to how i want.

But you're not customizing it to how you want. You're bitching because you feel like you need to and pretending that's against your moral compass. Much ado about nothing. Will you not upgrade if you don't like the default wallpaper? Changing that is customization too. Screen saver? Mouse pointer/acceleration? Default computer name? Why draw an arbitrary line at the start menu?

Never played forza before. Is the driving simulation or arcadey? I wonder how it'll compare against pCars or Assetto Corsa.

hmm pcars is more realistic, Forza has a bit of an arcade feel to it.

Back