Forwarding to an external e-mail account

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
I have a question regarding an Exchange 2003 question. We have a consultant who's going to be helping out when one of our employees goes out on maternity leave soon. I currently have an e-mail address that is published on our website that is forwarded to this employee. Both addresses are in our domain. What is the best way of having these e-mails be delivered to an external e-mail address? Here's a summary, if that helps.

Right now, [email protected] go to [email protected].

I'd like it to be like this: [email protected] go to [email protected].

Instead of creating a new user in active directory, you create a new contact, then you can attach an email address outside the domain. Hence you can then forward the internal email to the "contact" instead of another user inside the domain.

In the past, I've done the contact method. It worked perfectly for internal messages on the same domain, but messages coming from CareerBuilder weren't forwarded on to the contact. Any internal messages I sent where, just not anything from outside the domain.

Careerbuilder has to send email to an internal @domain.com address anyway. Once you modify that internal [email protected] to the new contact address [email protected] it should work.

We have people internall emailing each other, and forwarding outside the domain just fine. I don't see why an external address would have any difficulty routing out from an internal address.

This particular example isn't for CareerBuilder...that was just an eample from before. I set the consultant up as a contact, and added her address to the "group" for the website, and iot is working fine.

However, the odd thing is, this is identical to how I set up an HR consultant's account, as a contact, and to this day, any e-mails coming in from CareerBuilder will not automatically forward to him. However, any other messages sent to an internal e-mail address go to the Public Folder, and off to him as well....anything but CareerBuilder e-mails. The only go to the Public Folder, and not off to the contact. No rules exist to stop that, and no one else has any access to change these things. But, I'm not worried about that anymore, at least for now.

Back