Fortissimo III stutters using 3d sound

bipolar

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
1,184
I get audio stuttering in games when I try and enable EAX with my Fortissimo III. I've uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. Problem persisted after a reformat. I have the latest drivers, 6.09 (which, incidentally, are over a year old .... ) Did a quick search and didn't come up with anything about this. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions? Thanks in advance.

System specs:
Gigabyte 845 PE (problem existed on previous motherboard too, don't remember the make/model)
XP Home
Radeon 9800 (problem existed with 9500 Pro as well)
Celeron 2.0 @ 2.9
512 MB
 
Try turning Audio acceleration down (Control Panel -> Multimedia -> Sound Card settings). This happend to my Gamesurround Muse 5.1 DVD in Unreal Tournament with acceleration cranked. Solved the problem as soon as I changed the setting. I think its got something to do with the Hercules cards. dunno what though.
 
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try. Did you turn it down just one notch, then?
 
Back
Top