Fortinet Account

bloodwld

n00b
Hello Guys,

I'm looking for somebody with an active Fortinet Account who could send me some FW.

I buyed a second hand FortiAP 221C to secure my home network, my teenagers are growing up and as a concerned dad, i try to protect then "correctly".

Of course, i havn't any support contract, and it's not a good deal to purchase one with an EOL product.

So if one of you, dear readers, could obtain my Graal and send it to me ... i'll grant you all my gratitude (i know ... it's weak ;) )

My FortiAP is actually running with FP221C-v5.6-build0499, and the last know FW is the FP221C-v6.0.6-build0044 (upgrade path is 6.0.0 then 6.0.4)

Many thx in advance :)

FWIW, imo a used eol Fortigate is almost always leaps and bounds better at controlling traffic due to the enterprise level controls than any consumer router will ever be--even those multi-hundred dollar spider thingees.

Does anyone know the legality of sharing firmware? Is that somthing I would need to read my fortinet ToS about? Id be more than happy to send you the firmware, but the account is owned by my company and not myself personally, so I dont think I can send anything without confirming it wont cause me/them problems.

I'm pretty sure that Fortinet would like to say it's not legal ... maybe they are afraid to loose my money ;)
It's very hard to find these files on the web, but as i know, there is no "traces" on the firmwares, they are multi devices compliant.

imo, there is no way to find who downloaded the FW running in a hardware.

In another hand, i don't want to create problems, and if you are not confortable to share, i really understand :)

Let me know if you find an answer to the legal part ( even if it's "no" :D )

AFAIK, fortinet does not limit download access if you have any registered support account regardless of product entitlements, so you could just register to download yourself.

Last edited:
Many Thanks SineDave !!

I've got an account, but, i cannot download, nothing ... fortinet keep to ask me to purchase a support to acces files :/
That why i'm looking for someone to help me, and you did !! thx again :)

Many Thanks SineDave !!

I've got an account, but, i cannot download, nothing ... fortinet keep to ask me to purchase a support to acces files :/
That why i'm looking for someone to help me, and you did !! thx again :)

I'm in the same boat. Can you share the 221C 6.0.6 files you got?

Back