Formula-BOINC 2016

Goofyxgridathome is included this year and is a non-CPU intensive app. Or at least right now it is. If anyone wants to help with positioning, please add them. http://goofyxgridathome.net/

When not doing other challenges, my focus projects will be:

Leiden Classical - ~30k
Mind Modeling - ~180k
vLHC - ~200k
FiND - ~576k once they have work again

Goofyxgridathome and WCG will have contributions regardless. Most GPU projects will have small contributions year round. WEP-M+2 will have a few cores in my VM until it reaches another 600k which will take quite a while.

I just threw all of my GPU's at Moo!, with the goal of gaining us some places and points there. There is no real chance I could do that at Primegrid, so Moo! is my best chance at gaining the team some points. I think I should be able to get us to 7th place, at least.

You are killing it at Moo!. I'm still doing Van der waerden numbers, Wep-m+2, and a few others while attempting the 1 million point goals.

When did you start running a Linux box (Wep-m+2)? I thought you were like me - strictly Windows.

Update: Let me guess... VM?

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but I have to cut back a bit on Moo! (and all of my GPU projects, really). I just got a $450 dollar electric bill, which is quite a bit more than I am willing to pay each month. It sucks, but until I can figure out how to generate my own electricity, I don't really have a choice. These GPU's just suck down too much juice. I figured out that when all of my Nvidia and AMD GPU's are crunching, they are pulling ~3200 watts. Crazy. :eek:

For now, I have stopped my 980Ti and two of my 280X's from crunching. We shall see what that does for my bill. If that doesn't make it more reasonable, I'll have to cut back even further. I hope it doesn't come to that until summer, when I shut down all my GPU's anyway.

Yeah... this year I have to cut back more as well. Gotta save for a couple big trips and my wife is starting to notice the ever increasing electric bills. So, I have been transitioning more to my phARM which is up to ~70 cores of various gens and OS versions. They don't put out much PPD, but the power draw is insanely less. Now if only more projects would support them with both PIE and non-PIE apps.

I know someone who might take those 980Ti's off your hands if the price were right. :D

I'm not looking to sell my 980Ti. They'll have to pry that from my cold, dead fingers. :D

Unfortunately, my GPU cut backs weren't enough. I still had a $400 electric bill this month. I now have to shut down my three lowest powered rigs (Orthanc in my sig, my 2012 MBP with an i7-3720QM and a circa 2009 Asus-branded PC with a Wolfdale E6300) and see how much that helps. Damn, being an adult sucks sometimes.

Hopefully we move down a league next year. We have no chance for a good finish in this league.

Not with the current team support. We need the big hitters to switch over in order to really shine in the League 1. Problem is that RFGuy_KCCO can probably knock us into League 1 on his own with how the decision is made...

Not with the current team support. We need the big hitters to switch over in order to really shine in the League 1. Problem is that RFGuy_KCCO can probably knock us into League 1 on his own with how the decision is made...

How is the decision made? I can hold back on the GPU's if that helps. I won't be using them all summer, in fact.

Formula Boinc

Teams are splitted in 3 divisions, after calculation of their average RAC of November the year before. RAC Division thresholds are fixed to 0, 1 million and 10 millions credits.

I was thinking the 1 million RAC, so I may have misspoke. Looks like the team is currently hovering around 4.5 million as support has drooped with the revived interest in FAH.

Now if you use the BOINCStats measure, we are at 6.5 million. BOINC combined - team stats - [H]ard|OCP | BOINCstats/BAM!

After the Pentathlon, the only challenges that we typically try to rally support is the WCG X-mas challenge. However, this year we may try focusing on the WCG birthday Challenge which I believe is in November.

Last edited:
We are up to 25th but I think it has more to do with other teams losing position at some projects and thus us maintaining the projects we had points in.

Whelp..we dropped back to 28th with a position loss at YAFU.

Due to the gross point payouts at YAFU, we are now up to 24th

Though we dropped back to 25th position overall, we are doing well in the WCG project. We are now the 8th highest WCG total credits contribution for this year. IIRC, we were at 10th during the early part of the year.

Beside FAH, WCG seems to me to be one of the [H]ard|OCP pet projects. Let's try to keep the momentum going during the hot summer days when the GPU folding (whistle, ahem) appears to be struggling compare to CPU crunching...:smuggrin:

upload_2016-7-22_7-59-7.png

Looks like we lost a point by dropping to 11th at Quake Catcher Network. If anyone has any Macbooks, Lenovo's, HP laptops using the 3d hard drive software or even many older Android devices, please consider running this project. It is a non-CPU intensive application that can be ran alongside all other DC work.

Team page - Quake-Catcher Network Sensor Monitoring - [H]ard|OCP

Its also been a while since posting in this thread. The team currently sits in 25th place in Formula-BOINC

At this moment, we are now the 7th highest WCG contributors for this year. Just passed SG. +2 points and still holding at 25th place.

upload_2016-7-28_21-13-13.png

Back