• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Forming an ideal organisation...

tedkj

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2008
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
138
Was speaking with one of my old clients just now about Folding@Home, and he was very interested and asked if there was any way he could donate some money for it. This set me off digging into the steps and requirements on how to form an ideal organisation in Norway.

What I found is looking very good, and I'm going to form the organisation after the weekend. I've laid down some plans, and I will contact some of the major hardware pushers over here and see if they are interested in sponsoring.

I've have a friend who writes for a big computer mediaoutlet, and they would love to write a story if I manage to get a sponsor and set up a couple or more of these mad octo-gpu boxen.

I know I have a lot of previous clients who would love to donate some cashus to this organisation and be silent "sponspors". This will be a great way for me to funnel in some cash and provide loads more [H]-GiveOuts amongst building and maintaining a farm for the [H]orde.

I'm also working on a site with information in Norwegian. Also if there are any Norwegian people on here who needs free housing and power for their boxen (run under your name), send me a PM. I've got a access to a huge hosting centre where power is cheap, and I'm covering this bill with my IT company anyways.

Man, this is going to be an exciting week, hopefully hehe. I'll post on here with any news on progress. :D

 
Very cool keep us up to date on how things go!

 
tedkj,

Would rackspace/power/internet and engineering expertise in the US be helpful to your plan?

Regards,
relic
 
tedkj,

Would rackspace/power/internet and engineering expertise in the US be helpful to your plan?

Regards,
relic

Can’t argue with relic on this one. Aside from his qualifications as a total degenerate he is and is married to a gorgeous IT Lady (she knows more than he does) and owns one of the top IT companies in the country.

And yeah, I’m dead serious not to mention he takes the time to answer my stupid questions;)


 
Sounds pretty awesome ted. Looks like you've been busy...
Also looks like some of that good karma starting to work its' way back around. ;)

Good Luck!

0.png
 
Back
Top